Lumber_Jack's moving to Nashville (need a job too)

So it's official. We found out today that my wife is going to do her residence at Vanderbilt University Med Center. We're sad to leave East Tennessee but very excited about the future. I'm going to be asking for living suggestions and job openings as we prepare for the move but I'll start new threads for that. Just wanted to share the good news. Sent from my iPad using Voodoo magic
  • Like 5
[quote name="Dustbuster" post="1128012" timestamp="1395433174"]What kind if work are u looking for ? I run into a lot of folks during the week. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.[/quote] Well my degree is in Forest Resource Management, but I'm gonna be open to any job that pays. I have been with a consulting firm the last 10 years.

Well my degree is in Forest Resource Management, but I'm gonna be open to any job that pays. I have been with a consulting firm the last 10 years.

I thought you traveled all over the state for your job, they won't let you keep it and work from Nashville?

I'd say you won't have any problems finding work in Nashville.

Guest TresOsos

Welcome to the Nashville area, all I can say is try to live outside of Davidson County.

You might have to work inside Davidson County but I wouldn't live inside the county if I could avoid it.

will echo the above, davidson county will cost you 200% higher in taxes and you get nothing for it.  Traffic is so bad in davidson county that living outside of it won't take any extra travel time anyways.

• Like 1
Guest TresOsos

+1 for living in Davidson County.  :devil:

Even hot chicken isn't worth living in Davidson County, the only thing worse I think would be living in Shelby County.

Congrats to you and the Mrs. Lumber jack. I'm not sure where you lived in East TN but Davidson County is not as bad as others are making it sound, depending on what you are use to. What you are looking to gain by living in Middle TN, land?, low property taxes? entertainment?, resale value/home appreciation?, cool neighborhoods?, good school districts?, shopping?, so on and so forth. If you want land, then certainly the counties (Maury, Rutherford, Canon) south of Davidson are a good start, Wilson County, Cheatham County (Mike Breedlove for Sheriff!!! {shameless plug}) and even some parts of Williamson are priced reasonably. If you want good school systems, Williamson County hands down. Resale value, Williamson County and certain parts of Davidson like Sylvan Park, East Nashville, Green Hills, the Gulch, and Brentwood. I'm very familiar with the real estate market in the Middle TN area so feel free to pm me if you have any questions. Just so you know, I'm a resale value/home appreciation oriented person so I'm going to always look out of that green prism first. One thing to keep in mind for your wife (and yours) is the long commute if you decide to live outside of Davidson County & work a traditional schedule. I will echo what a couple have mentioned about the traffic being terrible but it's not too bad if you work odd hours/shifts. Good luck!! Edited by blueghost
  • Like 1