The system works

I've always liked CDNN but now they're right there with CTD. On FB they said they weren't making a dime, they're buying them at this price so they can sell .22 guns. They pretty much got blasted on their FB page with most people saying they are contributing to the problem. I would just soon them say they couldn't get them than to sell at these prices. Is this the new norm? I sure hope not but after 2 years I'm starting to think we'll never go back to the old prices and availability. I'm still in good shape on 22 ammo but I hope something changes soon. I don't have a ton of 22 ammo but I've quit buying it. I think I've bought 2000 rounds in the last 12 months and everything I bought was at old prices.

[URL=http://s19.photobucket.com/user/10ga/media/cdnn22_zps7f49043c.jpg.html]cdnn22_zps7f49043c.jpg[/URL]

• Like 1
Same boat here. The only 22lr I buy over $0.08 Is the SK red cans. That said, I have about 2500 rounds of 22lr left and at least one or two more Appleseed events to do this year with two of my boys. It's possible I could exhaust my supply this year. After that, not really sure what I am going to do. Maybe switch to using .223 for the same purpose since I can reload that for about $0.18-0.20 a round. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD Edited by jcluff
[quote name="Dolomite_supafly" post="1158875" timestamp="1402755616"]I cast and shoot my with Blackout for 4.4 cents a shot for subsonic and 7.3 cents a shot for supersonic. 30 caliber is a lot easier to cast for than 22. Might be a little more because prices on primers have went up since I did these calculations but it is still really cheap.[/quote] I am leery of casting my own 30 cal due to having a house full of children and not wanting to deal with the potential lead contamination. Have you ever considered selling your cast bullets? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

" Evidently, some loser who flags all .22 ammo on Armslist got my listing removed last time because he's angry over the current prices of .22 ammo"

http://www.armslist.com/posts/3165922/tri-cities-tn-ammo-for-trade--1000-rounds--22-lr--aguila-super-colibri-quiet-ammo

Haha.

Lets all flag him because he is complaining his previous ad, that listed a price, was flagged and shut down for being overpriced.

Depends on what it is.

In this market I would consider $30-$35 a brick fair for bulk 22 but if you asked that on Armslist a gouger would no doubt snatch them up to resell.

Maybe you can sell it on here so it goes to a fellow member.

But of course you can ask whatever you want and on here no one will hassle you.

I agree with Dolomite - when you can find it at Wal-Mart (damn scalpers), 525 Winchester brick is still ~$25....

add in tax and something for your gas and a bit more for your piggy bank.

I know .22 can still be found at reasonable prices - even around Knoxville.  The problem with these scalpers is that they are creating this shortage with their buying and reselling - the manufacturers have repeatedly stated that their production is still at an all time high.  It also doesn't help that a person who wouldn't normally "hoard" ammo wouldn't think twice about buying extra now - adding to the problem.

I long for the good 'ole day of going to WallyWord for a pack of butt wipe, a jug of milk and strolling through the Hunting & Fishing Department to pick up a box or two of .22 to pink the next Saturday.  :shake: