The system works

You guys aren't against capitalism are you? :)

No, we are just tired of ass clowns who continue to make it difficult (and expensive) for people who want keep shooting.   I have a job unlike most of these jackasses so I can't devote time to sitting around waiting on someone to put ammo out.  

Edited by battleop
  • Like 1

You guys aren't against capitalism are you? :)

Not at all. They're free to do whatever they want to do to try and sell it as high as they can and we're free to do whatever we want to try and balance out the equation. We're not taking away their ability to sell it as there are other venues just as they're not taking away our ability to buy it as there are many stores.

Full disclosure: I have about 7k .22lr so this has nothing to do with me needing any.

[quote name="Junkstack" post="1161924" timestamp="1403561273"]Not at all. They're free to do whatever they want to do to try and sell it as high as they can and we're free to do whatever we want to try and balance out the equation. We're not taking away their ability to sell it as there are other venues just as they're not taking away our ability to buy it as there are many stores. Full disclosure: I have about 7k .22lr so this has nothing to do with me needing any.[/quote] The equation is only the supply demand curve. As much fun as you are having deleting ads you don't like it doesn't affect the demand side

Good point Hershmeister - but that's not the reason for flagging the ads.

The reason for flagging the ads is to make it harder for the scalpers to ply their trade.  

Hopefully, the harder it is for them to sell the ammo they snatch up  -  the less likely they will continue this practice.

I'm so tired of hearing stories of the same 5 or 6 guys who are Walmart at 5am to buy up everything the receive - the same goes for Academy and all the rest.... 

It wasn't that long ago the shelves were bare, ridiculous prices were be asked (and purchased) for all calibers.  Fortunately, you can now find virtually all calibers on the shelves now - except .22 and .380.  

These will also come back, I just like to do my part in expediting this return.  :up:

I'm so tired of hearing stories of the same 5 or 6 guys who are Walmart at 5am to buy up everything the receive - the same goes for Academy and all the rest.... 

I  

Bought 100 rds of .22 at Academy Monday around 1pm. Asked the cashier about the scalpers and she said they line up still. Then points to the guy that bought 100rds in from of me, theres one of them. "He comes in all day, and with other people to buy for him. 

Both Jefferson City and Sevierville walmarts have the same guys doing it for the last year.

The 407 flea market has a guy setup asking crazy money for ammo.  Most of his ammo is what walmart has been getting in. He sells M22 500rd bricks for $75, 1000rd for $140. He hasnt been selling much lately though. 

Bought 100 rds of .22 at Academy Monday around 1pm. Asked the cashier about the scalpers and she said they line up still. Then points to the guy that bought 100rds in from of me, theres one of them. "He comes in all day, and with other people to buy for him. 

Both Jefferson City and Sevierville walmarts have the same guys doing it for the last year.

The 407 flea market has a guy setup asking crazy money for ammo.  Most of his ammo is what walmart has been getting in. He sells M22 500rd bricks for $75, 1000rd for $140. He hasnt been selling much lately though. 

I know who that guy is, I have had several run ins with him. I went to acadmy this morning on my way to get my new cars plates. I figured if I was going to be out that early I should swing by and see what they have.  He was there with another guy and I got my 100rds and went into the parking lot and saw him paying the other guy $10 for $7 in ammo. He said to the guy "same time next week". I was in earlier this month for my birthday picking up some golfballs for my annual round of golf. He was there with 3 other guys and they all got a 325rd box and then headed to the parking lot and saw him paying them for their boxes. He saw I had a box and asked if I wanted to sell mine for $25. I told him that I would not. He got pretty upset and tried to convince me that it was a great ROI.I have seen him in with other guys always buying 22lr. I know for a fact he resells at the shows. I saw him at the last one over fathers day. I swung by his table and ALL the prices were atleast double.

Get pictures next time and we will oust him on Facebook, Armslist and any other site we can think of. He is the problem because the second regular people see ammo on the shelves regularly they will quit buying all they can. The scalpers are driving normal people to buy all they can too.

It is not against the law to take pictures of anyone in a public place.

• Like 1

Get pictures next time and we will oust him on Facebook, Armslist and any other site we can think of. He is the problem because the second regular people see ammo on the shelves regularly they will quit buying all they can. The scalpers are driving normal people to buy all they can too.

It is not against the law to take pictures of anyone in a public place.

I have a pic but he moved right as I took it. It is blurry but if you have been to the shows you could still make out who he is.

@Dolomite  - That's what I thought at first.... then I looked a littler harder at the pic and what he said he was selling.

The picture shows a bunch of random ammo, including a brick of 550 rds...  BUT his ad said "I have a brick of federal 150 rounds of stingers and 100 rounds of Winchesters"

So 250 rds for $60.00?  --- not a fair price in my opinion

Edited by introvert8

I just texted him he has:

550 round brick of Federal that is complete

50 round box of Stingers

100 rounds box of minimags

two 50 round boxes of Winchester

And at that point I think it is a pretty decent price because the Winchester is T22 which is decent stuff. All in all that is a fair price, definitely not gouging.