Best out the front AUTO for the money ?

You're gonna have to define what "best for the money" means.

From a using standpoint the Microtech Troodon, Combat Trodon and Scarab were tough enough to be real usable knives. 

For quality "value" play OTF the Paragons are a good buy at ~$150.

For an OTF you would have trouble frightening anyone with the MT CA Legal UTXs are fun. 

The HKs aren't bad, but they're not worth the bux, in my opinion. 

Stick with the "brand name" makers (unless you can score a Robbie Dalton) like BM, HK, MT, Paragon, Piranha

Stay away from the smuggled junk. Cheap barely does them justice and they were brought into the country illegally anyway. 

Edited by hso
  • 2 weeks later...

I've carried the same bm afo everyday since 2007.  Its been with me across the pond a few times and has been exposed to some really demanding environments/situations between here and there.  Its still going strong.  The blade has lost a little pep when you open it but that's about it.  Out of everything that has been issued to me, this is in my top 3.

When the day comes and I either lose or break this I'll buy the same exact model again. 

I've carried the same bm afo everyday since 2007. Its been with me across the pond a few times and has been exposed to some really demanding environments/situations between here and there. Its still going strong. The blade has lost a little pep when you open it but that's about it. Out of everything that has been issued to me, this is in my top 3.

When the day comes and I either lose or break this I'll buy the same exact model again.

Which model is it?

I've carried the same bm afo everyday since 2007. Its been with me across the pond a few times and has been exposed to some really demanding environments/situations between here and there. Its still going strong. The blade has lost a little pep when you open it but that's about it. Out of everything that has been issued to me, this is in my top 3.

The AFO are great knives indeed, now that we will be allowed to carry them legally I wish I never sold my AFO2, I will replace it one day, however the OP on this thread was wanting to know about OTF out the front knifes in which case I have owned 2 Benchmade ones that both had serious problems so I will never own another one from them Edited by willis68

I may be getting a microtech scarab if I can scrunge up the cash by July....unless there is a group buy about that time for something fancy.

A specially marked commemorative auto from Protech, Microtech, or some other maker celebrating our legal victory would be awesome.  Anybody here have any contacts with a manufacturer?

I'd totally throw a couple hundred bucks at a high-quality  "Tennessee Blade Freedom" automatic.  :up:

A specially marked commemorative auto from Protech, Microtech, or some other maker celebrating our legal victory would be awesome.  Anybody here have any contacts with a manufacturer?

I'd totally throw a couple hundred bucks at a high-quality  "Tennessee Blade Freedom" automatic.  :up:

I do have contact with Dave Wattenberg at protech. 

Opening order is $1500 min. 

Not sure how much a custom protech would run. 

If there would be enough interest I could set one up with Pro Tech

I am in contact with someone who knows the owners of the company and has set up several on other forums, I have emailed him to find out details.

Of course before any of this would be done it would have to be cleared by TGO David