AK pic thread

that_guy

Just got a new kit. Going to "customize" it a bit. will post pics as soon as I get it. I have some parts for it right now, but not all. I will however, reveal the kit, and link to it.

https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/21_89/products_id/4006

[url=http://s752.photobucket.com/user/King_Gunshot/media/kit_zps66f91b34.jpg.html]kit_zps66f91b34.jpg[/URL]

Edited by that_guy
  • Like 1

Just got a new kit. Making some "customization" to it. will post pics as soon as I get it. I have some parts for it right now, but not all. I will however, reveal the kit, and link to it.

https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/21_89/products_id/4006

kit_zps66f91b34.jpg

I know it's still just a kit but seeing that mangled barrel and receiver just hurts me down deep.  :cry:

I know it's still just a kit but seeing that mangled barrel and receiver just hurts me down deep.  :cry:

me too. Trust me. Do you have any idea how much work it is to take all that stuff off?!

Oh, and I hope the mutilation of this used-to-be fine piece didn't mess up the parts I need for the build. Then that is even more work! lol.

Edited by that_guy

[url=http://s752.photobucket.com/user/King_Gunshot/media/IMG_12551_zps732faefc.jpg.html]IMG_12551_zps732faefc.jpg[/URL]

time to meet the family. 

Ibanez S520Ex.

Spike's Tactical Zombie lower

Kimber Custom II

Romy non-G kit build

- tabuk flash hider

- 40 rd mag

- VTAC 2-point sling

- russian laminate pistol grip

AK-74

- Milled receiver

- Underfolder

- not yet finished

(too lazy to retrieve from safe): Mosin Nagant 91/30, Remington 870, Mini-14 ex-ranch rifle

this was taken as soon as i got my lower. better pic of collection hopefully tomorrow

Edited by that_guy
  • Like 1

meh. got nothing to do anyways

[url=http://s752.photobucket.com/user/King_Gunshot/media/IMG_12571_zps54d58a89.jpg.html]IMG_12571_zps54d58a89.jpg[/URL]

Yea, I know it's not all AK's, just thought it would be a neat idea.

And...I just noticed I forgot the Mosin.. Sorry guys...

Edited by that_guy
Guest Commander Kim

meh. got nothing to do anyways

IMG_12571_zps54d58a89.jpg

Yea, I know it's not all AK's, just thought it would be a neat idea.

Why include the guitar?

CAM00510.jpg

While I generally suck at taking pictures here are a couple pics of some of my crew. The M85 (AK pistol) now has had the wood blacked out with spray-on truck bed liner and a shorter rail hung from the underside to which it sports a combo light & laser. The top dust cover is hinged for return to zero and has a quick-pull pull out pin. The ARP above now has a Hogue grip and a SB15 brace too... Below is my N-PAP M70 sporting the blacked out spray-on truck bed liner and Hogue grips it too has a hinged dust cover with quik-pull pin. Bird Cage Flash Suppressor and a see-thru optics riser with 40mm red-dot finish it out; I do plan on taking some length out of the riser so that I can install a peep-sight.

WBlackedOutAK.jpg

Edited by teecro
  • Like 1

[URL=http://s752.photobucket.com/user/King_Gunshot/media/IMG_12791_zps6169ee10.jpg.html]IMG_12791_zps6169ee10.jpg[/URL]

oh, and I uh, have two underfolders now. One is a Polish, one is Romanian. 

*hint hint* hmu...

Edited by that_guy

I have a problem. :) As I mentioned before I regret ever letting my first Vepr get away so I figured I'd get another one while I could and came across a pretty decent deal. Refinished the wood since this one came with a really light brown finish. It was nice, but I prefer a darker/redder stain. I also did some trigger work and am going to replace the YHM brake with a '74. I'm using the Bushnell AR223 till Primary Arms can get their 1-6 back in stock. Other than that I'm thinking I may leave the wood on this one ... for a while. It's really comfortable and it's nice wood. 

IMG_20140415_084719380_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140415_084749698_HDR.jpg

Edited by Smith
  • Like 2
Guest Authenticman
Im still looking for a vector arms underfolder... sold my vepr and arsenal when i married my first wife. If anyone comes across one for dale please let me know! Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Im still looking for a vector arms underfolder... sold my vepr and arsenal when i married my first wife. If anyone comes across one for dale please let me know! Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I have an underfolder.... 

It's not 100% complete yet

and it's not made by Vector Arms

but I have one...

Edited by that_guy

Here's my uber high end WASR. :)  Apparently the rumors are true that they've sobered up the Romanians on the line some and take a bit more care on this end at CIA too, everything is straight. Mag wooble, yes, but not loose enough to rattle when carrying or anything, so good enough for moi.

WASR.jpg

Added sling, UTG butt pad (yes I'm a wimp, first 120 rounds left a bruise on my widdle shoulder), and a QD UTG side rail mount with a cheapo 4x scope. The "Sniper" scope is second one I've bought, 24 clams!, with rings!,  and the first one has held up well on one of my ARs for quite a few rounds -- knock on wood but if they last will be the most solid firearm related purchases ever. Oh yeah, also put a bolt buffer in there, definitely nice to take away the metal on metal feel and sound.

Oddly, the unfinished wood is solid, not the plywood laminate pictured at CIA or Buds,  with solid steel buttpad, no hole in it or stock for cleaning kit. Seems quite nice actually.  I'm gonna take all the wood off and tung oil it over a couple weeks if I can get to where I don't feel compelled to shoot it every few days!

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 2

I've got an idea... What if, everyone where to show off their Franken Builds? Or mutts. Or whatever you call it, maybe an "exotic" ak if you will. A custom one maybe? Khyber Pass build? Whatever you have. There are some cool ak's here. Keep 'em comin'! =)

I've got an idea... What if, everyone where to show off their Franken Builds? Or mutts. Or whatever you call it, maybe an "exotic" ak if you will. A custom one maybe? Khyber Pass build? Whatever you have. There are some cool ak's here. Keep 'em comin'! =)

Kinda like.....

Poppy+Farmer+Special.jpg

• Like 2