TN ranked 43rd among states as least likely to survive zombie attack.

jgradyc

[quote name="bersaguy" post="1140217" timestamp="1397846401"]Who honestly believes there is going to be a Zombie Apocalypse in the first place??? In all honesty, zombies!!!! a walking dead person? Dead people just don't walk or crawl..................jmho Well, except in Hollywood that is. :rofl: :rofl: I have watched the Walking Dead maybe twice and cannot get into it like many folks do................. :rock:[/quote] We all take the zombie problem pretty seriously around here. 😆
  • Like 3

Who honestly believes there is going to be a Zombie Apocalypse in the first place??? In all honesty, zombies!!!! a walking dead person? Dead people just don't walk or crawl..................jmho          Well, except in Hollywood that is.  :rofl:  :rofl:  I have watched the Walking Dead maybe twice and cannot get into it like many folks do................. :rock:

Obviously you haven't been to a Walmart lately. The place is full of zombies. :rofl:

Sleeper Cell Zombies are all around us-- just waiting for the "go" signal. How else do you explain the fact that Obama is a 2-term president?

Edited by tartanphantom
About the obesity rankings, I think that's a good thing for us. In the fitter states you'll have faster zombies, here, you'll have bubba waddling around looking for gravy to put on his brains. Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

Clearly, the authors of this survey did not take into account the "redneck factor."

This. I don't care if they are perfectly fit and regularly play paintball, city folk are doomed from the start. What good is being able to run a marathon when the food distribution network collapses, Whole Foods is ransacked, and you are surrounded by a half-million creatures either competing with you for supplies or trying to eat you?

The redneck with a supply of duct tape, WD-40, canned food, a garden, and a mini-arsenal has a much better chance of long-term survival.

About the obesity rankings, I think that's a good thing for us. In the fitter states you'll have faster zombies, here, you'll have bubba waddling around looking for gravy to put on his brains. Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

This is an awesome observation.   :rofl:

Edited by JWKilgore

years of culinary conditioning make it so...

porkbrains1b.jpg

• Like 3

Seems to me that the states that will survive are have extremely cold winters, or deserts. Pretty sure its not taking into consideration the amount of armed citizens whoa re skilled hunters or ex military or LEO. Im pretty sure all those democratic states would be first to go. For example Illinois is at 20... theres no way!!! hahaha

• 1 year later...

A study obviously flawed.  Seriously, I'd think TN would be in the top five states for survival.  West Virginia, Alabama, Kentucky, Georgia.  All these would be the states I would pick for the highest possible survival rates.  Rural areas, well armed population, lots of ammo, longer growing season for food.  Yeah, I think we would be just fine.  

I'm guessing the first wave of Z's will be the ones who can't fight, are out of shape, or aren't prepared. That makes them the easiest Z's to evade/defeat. If I make it that far, a food shortage will make for a great diet plan.

• 3 weeks later...

then using fire to burn them. Even if the fire doesn't absolutely destroy every one of them, it will likely incapacitate them by destroying functioning flesh.

Come on man. Zombie 101. What is the only thing worse than being chased by a zombie? Being chased by a zombie on fire!!! :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that tn will fare quite poorly. We are fairly densely populated. Have a terrible physical fitness situation. Very fast food dependent. And have a surging yankee population. Sure 85% of this forum will make it, but we are a small section of the population.

Personally, I think the physical fitness thing is over-rated in a lot of ways.  I mean, seriously, no matter how fast someone can run they aren't ever going to outrun an enemy force that has them surrounded - they will just run from one group of the enemy into the waiting arms (and jaws) of another. Being able to get away from small groups over short distances makes sense, sure, but ultimately it would come down to evading, eliminating and out-thinking, not outrunning - especially if dealing with '28 days later' type zombies rather than Night of the Living Dead type zombies.  In fact, I would say that flat out running away from the zombie hordes - even slow shamblers - should only be a last ditch thing to do because, especially with the kind of terrain and so on we have in East Tennessee, all running does in increase the chance that a person is going to twist their ankle in which case that person would be well and truly screwed.

So you are saying that when it is all over we will find ourselves living in a Tennessee that is much more sparsely populated and suddenly finds itself devoid of 'progressive' anti-gun types?  SIGN ME UP!!!

Edited by JAB

So you are saying that when it is all over we will find ourselves living in a Tennessee that is much more sparsely populated and suddenly finds itself devoid of 'progressive' anti-gun types? SIGN ME UP!!!

That's pretty much what I see happening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk