Lost my favorite revolver today.

When I read the thread title I sure thought it was going to be much worse!

It was worse, I also tossed in a nice leather rig & a box of premium SD loads ... don't get me wrong, I love my wife but we are talking smooth as silk, pinned & recessed K-Framed "go-bang" goodness. Edited by RichardR
  • Like 1

over the years i have lost many nice carry guns to my wife.  we have been together for many mango seasons.  i find a good off duty carry gun, carry it for sometime. then i offer to let wife shoot it at the range.  the wife likes it, now gun is hers.  i go back to the hunt for a new carry gun. repeat. repeat. repeat. repeat.  so i feel for you.  

Wow, how'd you get her to agree to have to compete for the gun?  My wife just picks it up, handles it a bit, looks at me and says "Mine!  Thank you!" 

Of course, that doesn't even count the ammo which she takes to the range with her friends and never even tells me about.  I DID get her to agree not to open sealed cases.  So that limits her to the boxes on the closet shelves.  Still, it's disconcerting to find out that where you thought there was 5-600 rds of .38 on the shelf, there's now only a partial box.  But, that's also why I mostly just keep reloads in the closet!  And she is pretty good about bringing the brass back.

She's always been able to shoot pretty good scores in all 3 disciplines (handgun, shotgun & rifle) but she finally started listening to me w/regards to small changes to her shooting stances & technique, now she either shoots perfect or at least near perfect scores.

I'm actually very proud of her & while I'm going to miss my model 19 at least I'll get to see the shock & surprise on her face at the range when I quietly slip out one of the .38spl's in the cylinder & replace it with a .357 magnum when she's not looking :)

The hard part will be not giggling like a little kid & getting myself caught while I'm doing it.
Guest Lowbuster

I don't see the problem. It gives you a great excuse to go buy another gun. And the original one is still in the family. Sounds like a WIN to me!

This^ guilt trip equals new toy.
Guest Bonedaddy

I digs my N frame model 28 but I sho' wish I had another Smith of some sort, in a magnum, of course. Maybe an Airweight just for tits and wiggles, ya know?

*sigh* at least now I might get her to chip in on or at the very least maybe she will want to learn how to reload .38spl ammo, I am always seemingly running low on that caliber.

Heck even our youngest daughter knows how to reload her own cartridges P)

I digs my N frame model 28 but I sho' wish I had another Smith of some sort, in a magnum, of course. Maybe an Airweight just for tits and wiggles, ya know?

My 19 gets carried on occasion, but my 28 gets the range time. An N frame makes 357 Mags tolerable to shoot, and the double action trigger can't be beat.