.22 Catching Up With Demand?

Guest semiautots

Guest semiautots

I've been watching a few websites and the frequency of .22 arriving from the manufacturers.  Also been visiting some local shops, and I am seeing more .22 become available.  I walked into a local big box this morning and they actually had .22 Remington on the shelf.  Also, I was able to pick this up for $98.09, including tax.  Hopefully this will continue and all the "resellers" will be stuck with product that is cheap once again.

GU6A7343_zpse1b9bc53.jpg

So things might be picking up for us!!

I second that question! Gander had some listed yesterday but of course their website no workie, guessing it was overwhelmed with visitors. Good for you on scoring! My 10/22 build is waiting for some to break it in, poor little guy.

Guest semiautots

Think about small towns and Wal-Mart or similar stores.  Don't go to the big city stores.  Places out of the way.  The big city stores are covered up with people wanting to buy and resell.

I've been watching a few websites and the frequency of .22 arriving from the manufacturers.  Also been visiting some local shops, and I am seeing more .22 become available.  I walked into a local big box this morning and they actually had .22 Remington on the shelf.  Also, I was able to pick this up for $98.09, including tax.  Hopefully this will continue and all the "resellers" will be stuck with product that is cheap once again.

GU6A7343_zpse1b9bc53.jpg

So things might be picking up for us!!

Nice score! :up:

Think about small towns and Wal-Mart or similar stores.  Don't go to the big city stores.  Places out of the way.  The big city stores are covered up with people wanting to buy and resell.

I'm from small town Mississippi and was there this weekend. Checked two walmarts and got laughed at when I asked about 22 :)

i check several walmarts in two states when i am out.  small town, big city no matter it is the same story, no 22 ammo.  had a lady worker in trion georgia walmart tell me that they put the 22 ammo out at different times trying to stop the same guys getting all of it.  but they don't get much and most day they get none.  so it looks like it is hit or miss with them. 

I'm getting a brick every week, I just have to stand in line for an hour shooting the breeze to get it.

Bill

Good for you.

Time is money to me, and one brick isn't worth the time & hassle for me. I've got enough squirrelled away over the years that I'm glad I don't have to really worry about it in the current drought. Too bad some folks aren't as lucky.

I don't check that regularly at surrounding WalMarts (3 towns close), but when I do ask the clerks about any 22 ammo, they just laugh and say they receive very infrequently quanities. I don't think I've found any 22 ammo at Walmarts for over 2 years. Some people just have all the luck, but I still have a fair stockpile.

Guest BCR#1

Good for you.

Time is money to me, and one brick isn't worth the time & hassle for me. I've got enough squirrelled away over the years that I'm glad I don't have to really worry about it in the current drought. Too bad some folks aren't as lucky.

I have nothing better to do on a monday morning as I work nights. With 24 hours in a day, you must have a 7 figure income every year. :rofl:

I have nothing better to do on a monday morning as I work nights. With 24 hours in a day, you must have a 7 figure income every year. :rofl:

Sounds like it works right for your schedule. No 7-figures here yet, but working main job days and moonlighting as a musician keeps me pretty busy... and with little free time keeps me out of trouble for the most part. ^_^

Please understand, I am not singing the reseller's song. But...there is a flip side to that coin. Case in point...I went to a local Wal-Mart at around 5 PM tonight. Didn't know if there was any .22s coming in or not. But... I did know one thing...if I didn't take the time to be there when they came out, if there was any, I would not get any.

I was number one in line, and knew if there was any coming in, I'd have a shot at them. I have a bad back, and my lower back was killing me...plus, I'm one of the old geezers some of the people on here ridicule. Again, understand, I do not resell my ammo, I shoot it. At about 7:20 a well dressed man came by and I had seen him there before. He asked me if I'd sell him a box, so his grandson could go to the range and shoot his gun that he got for Christmas. I think I remember him saying that once before...at least once, maybe more. Anyway, I told him I had been waiting there since before 5 PM, and that after waiting all that time, I did not sell any of the ammo I was lucky enough to get. He even offered me $50 for a box, and I declined the offer.

Had he joined the line at that time, he would have been number four. We said they'll know for sure, and have the ammo out in a little over an hour from now. He walked off, like he was too important, or too impatient, to wait for 45 minutes to an hour. Turns out, a lot of .22LR ammo came in...at least a case of Federal 550 Value Packs, a case of Remington 225 round packs, and possibly more. By this time there were a number of people in the waiting line. Had "Mr. Impatient" taken his number four spot in line, he would have gotten at least one Federal 550 Value Pack, and two Remington 225 round boxes...or possibly two Federal 330 round boxes...for a total of at least 1050 rounds of .22LR! I wonder if he'll be on here bashing the "hoarders and resellers" tomorrow?

Folks, the bottom line is this...if you want .22LR ammo, you "can" get it. No way, are you going to walk up to the counter and say I'll take three boxes of the Federal 550 round Value Pack, and get it. Maybe sometimes, but not very often. Nor can you show up at Wal-Mart at 8:15 PM, and expect to get any .22LR that they will put out at 8:30 PM. It works like anything else with a limited supply... concert tickets come to mind, or Titans home game tickets...if you want it bad enough, be prepared to spend some time waiting in line...or buy it at the gun shows, at their price.

Like I said, I'm not defending the resellers ( again... I do not resell mine), any more than I'd defend ticket scalpers at the concert or football game. But consider there are only two ways to get those tickets...wait in line, or pay the price. I'm just saying. Good luck on getting tickets to the next big concert, or Titan's game.

• Like 1