Breaking news...Ft Hood Shooter..again

Well, Obama is making a statement about the Ft Hood shooting. I'm sure everyone has gotton the word that it was NOT a terrorist or jihad shooting (wink wink) since that would give substance to the self defense/being armed argument. He'd much rather lie and call it "Workplace Gun Violence" that will fit his gun grabbing agenda much better. Edited by Randall53
Guest TankerHC

Buddy of mine just got back with me. He is in GD management. The first article said that the shooter had gone into the Sim Center and started shooting. This buddy of mine said they were notified all their employees were safe and well (Including him).

Guest TankerHC

Probably not. I just now after your post tanker, read a news report from yesterday that refuted he was a threat so Robert is right, I probably jumped the gun but it is becoming a conditioned response. Ya know?

Yep

Lieutenant General Mark A. Milley just held a news conference. During the question and answer segment, a reporter asked about concealed carry on base. Milley informed the reporter that is was not legal for military personnel (or anyone, I suppose) to carry on base, and that he did not feel concealed carry should be allowed. About that time, someone asked about the response time of the MP's and other law enforcement officers, to which Milley said 10-15 minutes. The reporter who initially asked about concealed carry jumped in and basically tried to make a point about how CC could have been beneficial when it takes 10-15 minutes for help to arrive. He wasn't interested in debating the reporter, so he took another question. It was nice to hear a reporter with some common sense.
  • Like 1

Ivan Lopez. Deployed to Iraq in '11, no physical wounds. Married, "wife doesn't speak English very well", a kid or three, hadn't been in town very long came from another post.  Was under diagnosis process for mental probs, had a script for something in meantime.

Used a "Smith and Wesson .45 semi-auto".

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
[quote name="Oh Shoot" post="1133382" timestamp="1396497948"]Ivan Lopez. Deployed to Iraq in '11, no physical wounds. Married, "wife doesn't speak English very well", a kid or three, hadn't been in town very long came from another post. Was under diagnosis process for mental probs, had a script for something in meantime. Used a "Smith and Wesson .45 semi-auto". - OS[/quote] Deployed for four months during drawdown and likely never heard gunfire that wasnt on a range. I'm tired of the press jumping on the PTSD thing. It's bullcrap. It assumes no one was an unstable nutbag before they joined the military. Having seen a person kill themselves after being in the Army for less than a week, I'm gonna assume law of averages when you have an organization that has employed millions and millions of Americans in the past decade and a half. Gonna be a few looneys in the bunch. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Edited by TMF
  • Like 4

Lieutenant General Mark A. Milley just held a news conference. During the question and answer segment, a reporter asked about concealed carry on base. Milley informed the reporter that is was not legal for military personnel (or anyone, I suppose) to carry on base, and that he did not feel concealed carry should be allowed. About that time, someone asked about the response time of the MP's and other law enforcement officers, to which Milley said 10-15 minutes. The reporter who initially asked about concealed carry jumped in and basically tried to make a point about how CC could have been beneficial when it takes 10-15 minutes for help to arrive. He wasn't interested in debating the reporter, so he took another question. It was nice to hear a reporter with some common sense.

"Some" of those generals are political todies, are going to say what the current administration wants them to say no matter what. Get a few extra brownie points, maybe a promotion or new cushy command or position someday. Nothing like a little butt kissing to futher your carreer. Funny how some of the biggest 2nd Amendment supporters are ex-military people, usually the blue coller soldiers.

Is he not the one that made bases "gun free zones", so that service rifles must be locked in armories?

If so, didn't the shrub have eight years to get that rule overturned?  Maybe Bush 2.0 supported the rule or maybe he was just too vacuous to know it existed? 

My sympathy to anyone who was hurt or killed in this incident - except for the shooter.

Edited by JAB

It wasn't all that long ago that Staff Duty Officers & NCOs along with the Officers of the Day were always armed on Army Posts. I did my last armed duty as the Field Grade Officer of the Day in the early 90s at Bragg.

Fast forward to post 9-11 and all the talk was about hiring rental cops to secure the post I was on. I was confused. When I suggested to the CG that we arm all senior NCOs and Commanders - - - the look of shock on the faces of the JAG and the Provost Marshal told me that my Army was no longer one that I recognized.

The Army didn't trust us anymore...... cry3.gif

[quote name="DMark" post="1133493" timestamp="1396538204"] The Army didn't trust us anymore...... cry3.gif[/quote] As a senior NCO I led US and foreign troops in combat, free of any direct supervision other than my own. I fired my rifle, .50 cal machine gun, grenade launcher, threw frags and called for hellfire strikes, with missiles that cost more than the average house in Tennessee. Yet when on leave I had to fill out a 7 page risk assessment to drive back to my home state. I had to be lectured, like a child, on what not to do on the weekend. I couldn't so much as go on a simple PT jog without being wrapped in a friggin VS-17 panel without getting stopped by a half-wit E-9 who can't remember a time where people looked both ways for traffic. These are the measures that our zero defect military has taken, and the results are a bunch of helpless weaklings who aren't held accountable for their own f-ups. Instead there is a 15-6 to investigate how the command failed to take appropriate risk mitigation steps. America, this is the path of your armed forces. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2