Stolen Valor @$$hole here in TN.

Our friends at Guardian of Valor send us the mighty visage of Shane Matthew Slade.

You’ll notice that he wears an unsubdued Special Forces Tab, Ranger Tab, subdued Sniper Tab, and an unsubdued Expert Infantryman Badge, and sergeant E-5 rank which is all pretty impressive when you realize that he only spent 3 months on active duty and booted from the Tennessee National Guard last April when they booted him from Basic training at Fort Benning. Yeah, I don’t know why he’s wearing the South Carolina NG patch, either, or why on his Facebook page he says he’s a 19D (Cavalry Scout).

In one picture, he’s wearing the lower half of the 10th Mountain Division unit patch, I suppose because he thought that if he wore the “Mountain” tab, someone might think that he’s a fake.

But according to GoV, his former fellow squad mates are the folks who busted him out after they warned him to stop wearing the stuff and he told them that he was still in the Guard. His avatar on Facebook also shows him wearing an FBI watch cap, so I guess when he can’t be a soldier anymore, he’ll switch to the FBI, I suppose.

http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=42050

Meh, looks like his douchey life is punishment enough. Plus he has to climb that mountain of Walmartian fatty every so often. I suppose if he suffers from little wiener syndrome to the point he has to fake being in the military, those big flabby thighs he has to put it between aren't helping the presentation of the goods. Like a Vienna sausage between two Christmas hams. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Why are people compelled to do this? I almost enlisted, but got disqualified for busting my right knee the day before I went to maps to swear in. I dont claim to have military service. I have family and friends in the military and not once did I ever wear a uniform that I did not belong in. I wonder how long until we start seeings seals posers.

Edited by RC3
[quote name="RC3" post="1133498" timestamp="1396539041"] I wonder how long until we start seeings seals posers.[/quote] This has always been a big thing, long before 9/11, and will continue to be. There are far more posers out there than there are genuine people who worked in the respective communities. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This has always been a big thing, long before 9/11, and will continue to be. There are far more posers out there than there are genuine people who worked in the respective communities. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I used to have a ROTC photo from a few years ago, and on the caption, I had it stated JROTC. I guess how much integrity a person has is directly linked to the manner they were raised.

Guest semiautots

Why are people compelled to do this? I almost enlisted, but got disqualified for busting my right knee the day before I went to maps to swear in. I dont claim to have military service. I have family and friends in the military and not once did I ever wear a uniform that I did not belong in. I wonder how long until we start seeings seals posers.

It used to be criminal.  Not anymore.

A great book I read a few years ago was: 

Stolen Valor : How the Vietnam Generation Was Robbed of Its Heroes and Its History, by B.G. Burkett and Glenna Whitley.  http://www.amazon.com/Stolen-Valor-Vietnam-Generation-History/dp/096670360X

You would be surprised at how many of these guys pass as heroes, and also at how high they can rise in organizations...one poser in this book was  a high official in the american Legion or VFW in the Texas Chapter...like Commander or something, and he wasnt even a veterans.  Another was drawing VA service connected disability, and wasn't a veteran!  The book went a long way to help pass the Stolen Valor Act, making some of these things criminal.  Seems like a court gutted the law though, later on..

As long as they aren't seeking some kind of financial benefit or gain I couldn't care less.  There are way more important things that concern me than some douche posing as something he is not in order to get laid, gain friends, etc...

As long as they aren't seeking some kind of financial benefit or gain I couldn't care less.  There are way more important things that concern me than some douche posing as something he is not in order to get laid, gain friends, etc...

Lying about it is one thing....a totally unacceptable thing.  Dressing the part is an entirely different matter.  I wonder how many free meals this punk has gotten.

Lying about it is one thing....a totally unacceptable thing.  Dressing the part is an entirely different matter.  I wonder how many free meals this punk has gotten.

So what.  Someone bought him lunch or dinner.  I wonder how many free meals Major Nidal Hasan had gotten, and he is a terrorist. Personally, I think it is best to judge people on an individual basis, not it groups.  Unless I know someone, I couldn't care less what uniform they are wearing; they aren't getting anything from me.  Believe it or not, not everyone in the military is an Audie Murphy, and the military has its fair share of criminals.  I was reading an article not too long ago about the gang problem in the military.  I would feel just as bad about buying some gang-banger lunch as I would some poser.