Gas prices

RC3

And don't forget the EPA says you can't use an unapproved wood stove to heat your house.  You can't use more than 3.5 gallons per flush, and the courts have said you have to connect to the grid.

Dependency.  Coming to a town near you soon.

Fuck the EPA. I'll make one out of an oil drum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niJAkR_6tKQ

Govt not allowing all the exploring, drilling and fracking they could.
Devaluing dollar since we import a lot of our oil
Increased demand by consumers, globally
Etc....

It's a whole combination of crap, not just one thing really...

Guest semiautots

I'm happy to pay higher gas prices if it means there's fewer idiots on the roads.

Until they come siphon some out of your tank at 2 a.m.

Not to long ago I saw a news story that said the US exports over half of the oil it produces.

Also in the same story it said that Alaska has raised the taxes on oil producers so high that almost all have left the state and they are also having trouble keeping the Alaskan transcontinental pipeline from freezing because so little oil now flows through it.

Guest semiautots

Not to long ago I saw a news story that said the US exports over half of the oil it produces.

Also in the same story it said that Alaska has raised the taxes on oil producers so high that almost all have left the state and they are also having trouble keeping the Alaskan transcontinental pipeline from freezing because so little oil now flows through it.

I believe it is against U.S. law to export crude oil.  We can only export processed fuels.  This law came about due to the 1973 Arab oil embargo.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/us-ready-for-a-light-crude-awakening/article16475284/

[quote name="mikegideon" post="1134348" timestamp="1396718604"]... and cause the island to tip over.[/quote] Ha, that too. Forgot about that nugget of awesome. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You'd think with Dams and Nuclear reactors TVA would have stable prices LOL

Too bad we dont have nuclear powered cars. Never refuel in your life time! All 20 years before someone wrecks and explodes :rofl:

You'd think with Dams and Nuclear reactors TVA would have stable prices LOL

Especially since they've shut down power generation from several sites over the years as simply "unnecessary".

'Course now they have to shut down 18 coal fired generators by 2017 and install $25billion worth of stuff on the others.

- OS

I do think it is driven by politics and traders. My last trip through Germany gas was 10+ a gallon, next stop in Bahrain had an incredible .68 a gallon. A barrel of oil is under 100 right now as it was then. 

the government use high fuel prices as a way to control the people.   fuel prices, food prices, medical prices are one way to control the people.  when we spend all our income on these items and don't have any money left over for other use it is a way to keep us under control.   no extra money to have fun with means no freedom.

• Like 1
Guest TankerHC

Paid $3.96.9 for regular yesterday.  Thats still 16 cents over average price up here. Pretty "cheap" considering I could drive an hour and a half further North and pay nearly $5 a gallon, California prices on the East Coast.

When I left TN Thursday, I watched prices climb 65 cents by the time I crossed the MD line from Virginia Thursday afternoon. 

I do think this is about 16 cents higher than everywhere else, since this is Adams County, where everything costs more.

Paid $3.96.9 for regular yesterday.  Thats still 16 cents over average price up here. Pretty "cheap" considering I could drive an hour and a half further North and pay nearly $5 a gallon, California prices on the East Coast.

When I left TN Thursday, I watched prices climb 65 cents by the time I crossed the MD line from Virginia Thursday afternoon. 

I do think this is about 16 cents higher than everywhere else, since this is Adams County, where everything costs more.

That sucks. Really, really sucks. All these gas prices make a prius look like a viable option. But I do not want to commit suicide just yet. 

What frosts me about the whole mess is the price difference between the same brand store just a few miles apart.  I realize that they probably got a load of fuel at different times but I've noticed the Kroger fuel stations in Murfreesboro are always significantly different.  The one at Georgetown Square is always, always higher (most of the time by 5 to 10 cents) than the one at Hwy96 and Northfield/Rutherford Blvd.

Guest TankerHC

That sucks. Really, really sucks. All these gas prices make a prius look like a viable option. But I do not want to commit suicide just yet. 

I might have to eat more beans and hot dogs but I aint drivin no Prius. 

Word on the Prius, a vw diesel in manual will get 50mpg. They have a 3 cyl Model called the Polo that gets 79mpg, not sold in the States of course. The more we cut down on usage the more they'll raise the taxes though. Edited by Ugly
  • Like 1
There are some websites you can check prices in the area, I found it handy when loading up a bunch of gas cans and the truck, otherwise it's usually not worth driving too far. Search for gas prices. I didn't want to put a link in cuz I don't support any of them. No matter how you look at it we are getting shafted!

There are some websites you can check prices in the area, I found it handy when loading up a bunch of gas cans and the truck, otherwise it's usually not worth driving too far. Search for gas prices. I didn't want to put a link in cuz I don't support any of them. No matter how you look at it we are getting shafted!

Yeah, at least they could use some lube since its a by product. Instead of giving it to us raw.

• Like 1

Well since I can't ride a motorcycle without major discomfort since my back injury I decided to start looking into an an alternative vehicle to save on gas commuting so I only have to fill up the sports cars/truck when I want/need to take them out. A fire breathing canyon carver of a car is not so much fun in traffic. It's still a year out  and while it isn't much of a looker if it meets the predicted 80+ MPG I should save around $3k a year in fuel alone commuting. It also means I can go a little more crazy with my "weekend car" builds.  :cool:

1609599_667909133273962_646386047_n.jpg

Edited by 2.ooohhh