Sign in to follow this  
dawgdoc

Hunter Art Museum in Chattanooga

Just went to the free admission Sunday event at the Hunter Art Museum today.  Not surprisingly, they have tiny gun buster with "No Firearms" next to it.  The gun buster symbol is about 1 to 1.5 inches in diameter.  Hard to notice because it was on a center pane of glass between the two sets of entrance doors.

Fortunately, admission was free, but I also told my wife we weren't going to be giving them one cent (i.e., the gift shop).  This sign posting is really annoying because you can't see it until you are very close (and not from your car), and sometimes you have to park a few blocks away when the area is busy.

Went there about 8 months ago, didn't even notice it.  Sometimes I don't notice big ones either, though.

- OS

• Like 2

Walked by today and now they have a much bigger gun buster, but no wording other than "No firearms."  It looks like someone heard about the change in the law next year, but didn't thoroughly read the requirements for a legal posting.

Brenna Spencer had her photo taken outside the museum, and someone commented it was a "gun-free" zone. 

I've tried to look up who owns the place. If it's publicly owned by the city, they can't legally ban guns there. So, anyone able to find out if the city owns it?

And if it is city owned, anyone challenge them on their gun ban?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/10/tennessee-college-senior-defends-posing-for-graduation-picture-with-gun-in-her-waistband.html 

1 hour ago, phil1979 said:

Brenna Spencer had her photo taken outside the museum, and someone commented it was a "gun-free" zone. 

I've tried to look up who owns the place. If it's publicly owned by the city, they can't legally ban guns there. So, anyone able to find out if the city owns it?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/10/tennessee-college-senior-defends-posing-for-graduation-picture-with-gun-in-her-waistband.html 

TN .gov is full of BS.  They routinely close off public streets and venues and post them off limits to guns, and then talk out the sides of their mouths about being pro-gun.

10 hours ago, phil1979 said:

The city pumped some money into it in a public/private venture, but it doesn’t appear to be owned by the city.

http://www.huntermuseum.org/history/