To the member here who dug up the percussion Revolver 6 months ago

Guest TankerHC

Guest TankerHC

I cant recall who it was and I had the one photo. I also don't know if it was concluded to be a reproduction, BUT...

I am up here now, first time I could make it in the last 6 or 7 months (I was supposed to bring up the photo or gun). I can have the NPS guy take a look at the photo's. I will be meeting with him tomorrow morning. The reason(s) you may want him to look at it:

Forget the serial numbers, even companies making repro's matched Ser. No's on some guns.

Even if an expert said its a fake, I had ten experts tell me mine was a fake, I now have in my possession paperwork proving it is not only 100% original, but graded fine mechanically and an outstanding example of a scarce Norfolk Contracted Springfield Rifle.

Revolvers in far worse shape than yours, with no provenance are going here for $950-$1500. Saw them myself today and spoke to the people who deal in them. The question on a relic  like that isnt if its a relic that someone carried etc..(It will never fire again anyway), the question is "Is it real, is it correct and what "period".

So if your interested in me carrying photo's t0 see what he says, post or PM me some, need top, both sides, bottom, closeup of trigger guard area and any visible markings, if there are any.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Guest TankerHC

Thats it, I can use just that photo for him to say its real or repro and what it is Navy of course but the cylinder isnt right, but the sides, top, bottom pics would be a lot better if anyone might talk to him and ask if he might want it looked at. Im also showing him a COnfederate Navy buckle and a couple of other things. Anyone has a questionable gun or artifact (Cant carry 100 in but can do some) they might want him to look at, no authentication without it in his hands (I had to leave the rifle with him for 4 days), but he knows his stuff and can give some info from photo's. 

Edited by TankerHC
What place are you at Tanker? I have a Winchester 1866 second model I'd like more info on. Had it appraised but always want more background on it. Didn't know my father had it until it was left to me in his Will.