5 guns that you need to own once in your life.

Hey guys I was thinking about this and wanted to see what yall thought. What are the 5 guns every "gun person" should own at least once in their lifetime? My list:

1. M1 Garand-One of the cheapest pieces of history you can own.

2.Any 1911-Dont need any other reason than its a 1911.

3.AR-15-You can do so much with them, plus you can get them in all kinds of cailbers.

4.Ruger 10-22- I love these little guns, its what I learned to shoot on.

5.Remington 870-Tons of these made, you can hunt/sport shoot with them and they will never let you down.

So this should be fun, lets hear what you have to say and give your own list. If you dont agree with mine let me know why. Let the debate begin.

-Jason G

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

#1 - 12 gauge pump shotgun, however you like it....tac, hunting, etc.

Without a doubt, the most versatile and useful long gun there is

#2 - .22 lever action rifle with a nice scope

Perfect first rifle to learn to shoot with, and a super fun & cheap plinker

#3 - .357 magnum revolver with a 4-6" barrell

The most versatile revolver, .357 mag for home defense & hunting, .38's for target shooting and plinking. Great first pistol for a novice. Everyone should have at least one wheelgun!

#4 - A fine semi-auto handgun of your choice, and mine would be a Glock

For concealed carry and home defense

#5 - Your choice of an AR-15 or an AK-47

Just because! :)

1) .44 Magnum revolver

2) Some sort of big bore rifle maybe one of these http://www.vigilancerifles.com/Photo_Albm.php

3) Derringer

4) Tec-9

5) M4

I picked my five strictly for shooting the breeze purposes. Not practicality, these are the guns that to me are unique to bring to the range, fun to talk about, stuff like that. I really didn't put much thought into it.

I think we shoot with different groups, to me M4s aren't that unusual. But each is a unique snowflake, that deserves our love.:)

I wouldn't call a Garand cheap being in the $500 range for a field/service grade. A Mosin Nagant now is a cheap piece of history.

But its not "American." :)

For that matter let me throw in the MKIII SMLE for possibly the smoothest action of all time.

1. a pellet/bb gun to really learn your first shooting skills with (you'll shoot your eye out.)

2. a .22 to hone those skills that you learned in the back yard shooting cans.

3. a 12 gauge shotgun for hunting small game with.

4. a rifle suitable for hunting / zombie killing (AK/AR whatever.)

5. a good quality semi-automatic or revolver hand gun for personal protection.

This is what everyone should own. P.S. I actually have all but he BB gun but when the kids are a little older I will have one again.

1. a pellet/bb gun to really learn your first shooting skills with (you'll shoot your eye out.)

2. a .22 to hone those skills that you learned in the back yard shooting cans.

3. a 12 gauge shotgun for hunting small game with.

4. a rifle suitable for hunting / zombie killing (AK/AR whatever.)

5. a good quality semi-automatic or revolver hand gun for personal protection.

This is what everyone should own. P.S. I actually have all but he BB gun but when the kids are a little older I will have one again.

12's are good for large game too. I've killed many deer using 12 gauge slugs and a few of those were 80-100 yd. shots. I just saw some new Brenneke slugs that claimed to be able to take down moose at over 100 yds......and I believe they could with good shot placement.

Guest GUTTERbOY
Hey guys I was thinking about this and wanted to see what yall thought. What are the 5 guns every "gun person" should own at least once in their lifetime? My list:

1. M1 Garand-One of the cheapest pieces of history you can own.

2.Any 1911-Dont need any other reason than its a 1911.

3.AR-15-You can do so much with them, plus you can get them in all kinds of cailbers.

4.Ruger 10-22- I love these little guns, its what I learned to shoot on.

5.Remington 870-Tons of these made, you can hunt/sport shoot with them and they will never let you down.

So this should be fun, lets hear what you have to say and give your own list. If you dont agree with mine let me know why. Let the debate begin.

-Jason G

You know, I don't think there's a single thing I'd change about this list.

Guest GUTTERbOY
I like the original list.

After I pick up a Garand from CMP this month, Ill have at least one of everything on that list :)

The sad thing is that, despite my agreement with the original list, I've owned exactly zero of the items on it. I have at least shot an 870, AR, and 1911 though, and I do have a lower sitting in the closet patiently waiting for the rest of its parts to arrive. I also have plans to pick up a 1911 sometime in the near future.

I'd have to go with:

1. Any S&W Revolver

2. A 1911

3. A .22lr rifle (10/22 seems to be the universal draw)

4. A 12ga shotgun (Remington Mossberg or Winchester, take your pick)

5. A 'military-style' rifle (AR15, AK, Garand, etc...)

Does a Taurus Revolver count?

Check

Check in a week

Check

and check

Yeah,I like that list :rofl:

Guest billwilly73

Winchester Mod 94 30/30 prolly killed more animals than any other rifle made

10/22 or Marlin mod 60

Revolver your choice (My current is a Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 Mag and I hope to take a deer with it this year)

What about that first 410 shotgun your dad bought you when you was a kid

A sweet shooting 30.06 bolt action

Your favorite 12 guage

AR or AK

Desert Eagle .50 AE

Barrett .50 cal

A FLAME THROWER......Yeah

Sorry five just won't do.....I am an addict and need help