IWB Concealed Fixed Blade?

• Moderators

For multiple reasons, this morning I have been thinking about a fixed blade knife. For one, we won (at least this one).

So I have been contemplating the idea of IWB fixed blade concealed carry that can be tucked. I'm thinking this would be decent for times when you cannot conceal a firearm. A blade could be very thin and concealable. Obviously knife fights suck and nobody wins a knife fight, but the only thing worse in a knife fight is not having a knife for the knife fight! Just got to thinking about the stabbing up north. Some of the "victims" were 17 year olds. Now, surely at a high school there are some big guys (football, wrestling, etc) that could have put up a fight? What if everyone had been carry some sort of blade? Just got me thinking, that's all.

Any tuckable sheaths that conceal quite nicely a quality blade?

• Moderators

And high schools typically have a no weapons policy to include knives as well as guns

Right, good thing I don't hang around those places anymore:) However, I was merely stating that a few "tough guys" at the school with a blade could have potentially put a quicker stop to the stabbing. 

I have a setup that consists of a hand forged 9" tanto bladed fighter and a custom iwb kydex sheath. It conceals fairly well and is comfy to wear. The blade is lighter than a survival knife and the whole setup is made for the greatest advantage possible if it comes down to self defense with a blade. Reach is a huge advantage in a blade confrontation, as is having a sturdy well designed knife.

This is my setup.

blade_zpsac08f55f.jpg

blade2_zps05943fc2.jpg
20140207_201441_zps2a8a5d31.jpg

Edited by Spots
  • Like 1
  • Moderators

I have a setup that consists of a hand forged 9" tanto bladed fighter and a custom iwb kydex sheath. It conceals fairly well and is comfy to wear. The blade is lighter than a survival knife and the whole setup is made for the greatest advantage possible if it comes down to self defense with a blade. Reach is a huge advantage in a blade confrontation, as is having a sturdy well designed knife.

This is my setup.

blade_zpsac08f55f.jpg

blade2_zps05943fc2.jpg
20140207_201441_zps2a8a5d31.jpg

I think it would be easier to just carry a gun.

I kid I kid. What I'm looking for would be moreso for "professional" wear in which you are tucking a shirt. Thought about boot/ankle knives and also lanyard/neck type knives.

There are actually several good options available out there.

I've carried a Clinch Pic for quite a while now. I knew/know and trained with the designer and it fits my preceived need very well.

http://monderno.com/knife-reviews/shivworks-clinch-pick/

CPnotconcealed_edited.jpg

I also have a Polkowsli Kasper fixed blade in a Mike Sastre kydex sheath. Mike's a good guy and easy to work with.

http://www.rivercitysheaths.com/photo.htm

CRKTPolkowskiKasperCompanion_zps39f046ac

Another fixed blade I have sometimes carry is the now discontinued Spyderco Ronin...

ronin2_zpsd6b187af.jpg

A TDI knife in an NSR tactical aftermarket sheath is a viable option.

http://www.kabar.com/knives/detail/76

http://nsrtactical.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=43&products_id=29

but I still carry my waved Griptilian daily.

wavedgriptilian_zps8669da82.jpg

• Like 2

This is my setup.blade_zpsac08f55f.jpgblade2_zps05943fc2.jpg 20140207_201441_zps2a8a5d31.jpg

While I commend you on your work on your knife, I would have an easier time concealing my .50 Dessert Eagle pistol than that one Edited by willis68
Guest Authenticman
Esee or even 3rivers blades are great. I carry a dpx 4" fixed blade it hides really nice and I wear a suit daily. I agree that a gun would be nicer but a blade works in a pinch especially when work rules dictate no firearms on company property. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I've been thinking about a horizontal scabbard for a 4-5 inch fixed blade myself. I've not really had time to do much searching though.

Was just thinking the same myself. Perhaps with a flat paracord-wrapped handle.

There are actually several good options available out there.

I've carried a Clinch Pic for quite a while now. I knew/know and trained with the designer and it fits my preceived need very well.

http://monderno.com/knife-reviews/shivworks-clinch-pick/

CPnotconcealed_edited.jpg

Now THAT'S what I want.  Not a long blade, but that one really struck my fancy. I'm gonna do some searching and comparing, but I really like that. It's at the top of the list at the moment.  Thanks for the info..!!

• Like 3
There are many fixed blades that would fit the bill. Becker, ESEE Izula or Izula II, Buck, my favorite so far is an Izula II, it's about as large as I want to go.

http://www.the-knife-connection.com/esee-knives--izula-ii.html

This would work but sharpening might be a challenge.
http://www.the-knife-connection.com/tops-lilfix-tplfix01.html

Becker
http://www.the-knife-connection.com/bkt-beckneck-bk11.html Edited by DAdams
  • Like 1

I wish they made the Pacific in a non-serrated blade.  I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Look at the CR Neil Robert's Warrior knife. It is my favorite of the series (Warrior, Green Beret, Pacific), and it is non-serrated.  It is discontinued, but they come up for sell every now and then.  I have one which I posted about, but it looks like the post has disappeared.

• Admin Team

Yeah, if you guys see a Warrior come up for sale, send me a note.  I've got limited bandwidth and TGO takes most of it, so my consumption of the knife forums is limited to occasional casual use.

Threads shouldn't disappear.  I seem to remember it a while back.  I'll look and see what I can find.

Yeah, if you guys see a Warrior come up for sale, send me a note.  I've got limited bandwidth and TGO takes most of it, so my consumption of the knife forums is limited to occasional casual use.

Threads shouldn't disappear.  I seem to remember it a while back.  I'll look and see what I can find.

I wish I would seen you say this a month ago, I could have got you a damn good deal on one from one of my friends but it is gone now

I wish they made the Pacific in a non-serrated blade.  I'd buy one in a heartbeat

I'm working on some Japanese cleavers right now, but I might trend towards that shape with my next project knife..

I normally hate serrations on a knife blade but on this kind I like them