Other hobby

RC3

I know all of us love firearms, but what else do you guys do on the side? I know some of you have RC planes, but whats something that you like to collect? For some reason, ever since I was a kid, I have always had a fascination with legos. To this day I buy them, but had to restrict myself to a genre. (Dont judge, we all have our different tastes). And I am bored at work and decided to come up with something FUN! Since everything else is bad, fattening or illegal. 

heDZ2Xh.jpg

hJzfeyP.jpg

Rhhmopf.jpg

CQChlzx.jpg

8FEXCh2.jpg

VmncRFH.jpg

CbKUH1t.jpg

When I was with my ex, I tried moving them into our apartment, and her kid started breaking them. So I drove them back to my parents house. I need more shelves :panic:

• Like 4
Diecast car collector(make that accumulator). Not Hot Wheels, I had to become hooked on the 1/18 scale stuff. Primarily only the muscle car era.

It's amazing how few different cars really fit into that little niche. And absolutely astounding how many I have that differ in so little manner.

I ran out of display space in my 2 den cases years ago. Each can comfortably(for my tastes) hold 56 vehicles.

I used to rotate them, but lately have just decided to put only my favorite or most unusual cars in them. The remainder, approximately 300, are still boxed in my attic.

I've always been a car guy, but in the early 80's got into the cheapie Ertl stuff. Then when I discovered the internet and ebay in the mid 90's...all heck broke loose. I found all the really, really nicely detained stuff available out there.

Someday, some estate sale buyer will wonder what kind of freakin' idiot bought all these "toy cars" and left them in the boxes.
  • Like 2

Diecast car collector(make that accumulator). Not Hot Wheels, I had to become hooked on the 1/18 scale stuff. Primarily only the muscle car era.

It's amazing how few different cars really fit into that little niche. And absolutely astounding how many I have that differ in so little manner.

I ran out of display space in my 2 den cases years ago. Each can comfortably(for my tastes) hold 56 vehicles.

I used to rotate them, but lately have just decided to put only my favorite or most unusual cars in them. The remainder, approximately 300, are still boxed in my attic.

I've always been a car guy, but in the early 80's got into the cheapie Ertl stuff. Then when I discovered the internet and ebay in the mid 90's...all heck broke loose. I found all the really, really nicely detained stuff available out there.

Someday, some estate sale buyer will wonder what kind of freakin' idiot bought all these "toy cars" and left them in the boxes.

Got pics? Die cast cars are awesome!

Legos rock! I'm glad that my kids enjoy them.

I have way too many hobbies... motorcycles, guitar, photography, golf, hiking, sleeping, ...

Add a photo of the biggest one. Legos isnt my only vice. Just the lagest. In numbers that is ;)

I used to build and paint gundam models a few years back..like the $150-200 models...detail paint, dry brushing, water slide decals...the whole nine yards...dont have pics anymore but they were some cool little models..
  • Like 1

About the only hobby I really have is hobby machining. Been learning the trade at TCAT Athens and I found I enjoyed it enough to do it at home, and school. Ain't got much right now, but I seriously plan to have a full hobby shop soon.

Edited by Pat
  • Like 1

Lego's were my favorite toy when I was young. They didn't have the fancy ones back then but I used to make little choppers, of course they had 4 wheels then. The only thing I collect, sort of, has 2 wheels. At one point I had 5 motorcycles, 6 bicycles and 2 italian scooters in the barn. Sadly I'm down to 2 motorcycles, 2 bicycles and 2 italian scooters. I haven't figured out how to add pics yet. Got a mac if anyone has advice.

Edited by Ugly

I want to come and play. I won't break anything, I promise!

Not a snow's balls chance in hell.

I used to build and paint gundam models a few years back..like the $150-200 models...detail paint, dry brushing, water slide decals...the whole nine yards...dont have pics anymore but they were some cool little models..

Still have a box of gundams somewhere. And clearing out the closet, I found all my old paint.

I did mostly MG and PG stuff...I did have few HGUC models of certain mechs...then my kids started jacking with them and I realized I would go to jail if I didnt find a hobby they didnt care about...lol
  • Like 1

My one regret is not knowing how to play a guitar.

We live in fantastic time for the beginning guitar player. You can go to any guitar center and leave with a serviceable acoustic for $250 or less OTD. Get a few lessons, hit up YouTube to learn some stuff, get a few more lessons and so on.

I'm making it sound easier than it is, but that's all there is to it. Just remember that guitar playing isn't a hobby measured in months but in years and don't get discouraged.

Honestly I wish more people would pick it up if for I other reason than it gets old showing off your best playing on the hardest piece you know only for most people to -_-

Then when you play something ridiculously easy (but they know) they turn all

BC0C900A-F6C9-4A89-9B28-6BA88749593D-387

The intro lick to sweet home Alabama does not deserve

BC0C900A-F6C9-4A89-9B28-6BA88749593D-387

!!!!

Any caprice by Paganini on the other hand...

<Rant off>
  • Like 1

Legos rock! I'm glad that my kids enjoy them.

I have way too many hobbies... motorcycles, guitar, photography, golf, hiking, sleeping, ...

Hah. Similar here except for the golf. Probably would replace that with electronics.

I know all of us love firearms, but what else do you guys do on the side? I know some of you have RC planes, but whats something that you like to collect? For some reason, ever since I was a kid, I have always had a fascination with legos. To this day I buy them, but had to restrict myself to a genre. (Dont judge, we all have our different tastes). And I am bored at work and decided to come up with something FUN! Since everything else is bad, fattening or illegal. 

heDZ2Xh.jpg

hJzfeyP.jpg

Rhhmopf.jpg

CQChlzx.jpg

8FEXCh2.jpg

VmncRFH.jpg

CbKUH1t.jpg

When I was with my ex, I tried moving them into our apartment, and her kid started breaking them. So I drove them back to my parents house. I need more shelves :panic:

I hear "Kragle" will take care of that.

Back in the early 90's it was football cards. To the tune of a couple hundred thousand. Just kinda lost interest. The new stuff that they were flooding the market with was crap and the older stuff was too expensive and hard to come by. Then came WWE wrestling figures. Had a couple hundred of those. When the family started growing,space started getting scarce. Unopened packages take up a lot of space. Gave most away to nephews and friends kids. I do still have a couple of box fulls. Now no collecting just motorcycling.