Other hobby

RC3

[quote name="dralarms" post="1136483" timestamp="1397094044"]I guess my other hobby is wine making.[/quote] Me too, now. I saw you over on the WinePress forum. I spent a few late nights studying everything mead. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok, I'll jump in here with one of my (hobby) or passion...

Building scale models.

I look at them as 3d paintings and a way to "engineer" interesting displays as well as pay tribute to the veterans that have gone before.

P51D of the 55th FG

LRCtd-1589lr.jpg

A4C Skyhawk

A4c-2226lr.jpg

M4 Sherman

DSC_4228lr.jpg

The tank was featured in a Scale Modeling magazine several years ago.

I'll compete in some local competitions every now and I have a couple displayed in various museums... 

But mostly, I just have a mini-museum at the house!

Steve

• Like 12

Me too, now. I saw you over on the WinePress forum. I spent a few late nights studying everything mead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've got a good honey mead recipe, had a bottle a few weeks ago and was very good. (It was also 30 years old)
  • Like 2
[quote name="dralarms" post="1136652" timestamp="1397140052"]I've got a good honey mead recipe, had a bottle a few weeks ago and was very good. (It was also 30 years old)[/quote] I'm going to do another batch this summer with some orange blossom honey from a family friend in Florida. Not that I'm an organic weirdo or anything, but this will be straight from the beehive to the bottle. The last batch of mead I made with store bought honey, which I'm pretty sure was corn syrup. Didnt turn out too great. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm going to do another batch this summer with some orange blossom honey from a family friend in Florida. Not that I'm an organic weirdo or anything, but this will be straight from the beehive to the bottle. The last batch of mead I made with store bought honey, which I'm pretty sure was corn syrup. Didnt turn out too great.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yea, that store bought crap aint no good. You think he could get me 12 lbs?
[quote name="dralarms" post="1136706" timestamp="1397145665"]Yea, that store bought crap aint no good. You think he could get me 12 lbs?[/quote] Some good old Florida honey? Haha, yeah I'll check. I got my parents into this too, and my dad is all into making mead now since he is retired and has nothing to do. I created a monster with that one. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My hobbies include: mountain biking, going to the gym, golf, martial arts, PC gaming

I want to get into hiking, camping, and rock climbing.  I really want to learn how to rock climb.