Grits vs Cream of Wheat

Showdown  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What say you?

• Grits
    • Cream of Wheat
    • Neither (I don't want to admit I'm a yankee or I don't know what a hickory switch is neither)
    • Oatmeal (I may be bi)

Grits. Usually take my grits and smother my eggs, potatoes and bacon in it. I used to love cheese grits growing up, but just too rich to enjoy as an adult. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grits with 4 or 5 eggs over light/medium and a mess of bacon or sausage.  BRB...

Hmmm. This is a tough one. I eat both differently. A little salt, pepper, and some shredded cheese for the grits, something sweet (honey, syrup, or just sugar w/sliced fruit) for cream of wheat.

With that said I eat more grits than cream of wheat, but used to eat more oatmeal than either. Now probably more grits since there's a BBQ place that makes some kind of casserole out of them. I'm not sure exactly how much crack they mix in each batch, but it has to be a substantial amount as I can't help ordering every time I go there, and they're close enough for me to eat there a few times a week.

So I guess grits.

Hmmm. This is a tough one. I eat both differently. A little salt, pepper, and some shredded cheese for the grits, something sweet (honey, syrup, or just sugar w/sliced fruit) for cream of wheat.

With that said I eat more grits than cream of wheat, but used to eat more oatmeal than either. Now probably more grits since there's a BBQ place that makes some kind of casserole out of them. I'm not sure exactly how much crack they mix in each batch, but it has to be a substantial amount as I can't help ordering every time I go there, and they're close enough for me to eat there a few times a week.

So I guess grits.

There was an oatmeal choice available.  You bein' from Cali and all, we'd kinda expect it.  : )

Edited by sigmtnman

As much as I dislike grits, I recently acquired a taste for cinnamon and apple oat meal. And I never heard of cream wheat before. So I had to look it up, along with hickory switch.  

After looking both of them up, I remember what the switch is, EVIL. And cream of wheat is not bad if prepared right. Grits still suck tho. 

Edited by RC3

You've obviously never had hospital foodservice grits. I didn't even like Cream of wheat before I worked at the hospital, it's just that the oatmeal and the grits there are that bad. :ugh:

I see where you are coming from.  When my last boy was born, I suffered through the baroness d'erlanger's and they took a good bit of salt, butter and eggs to taste close to right.

My wife hates grits though. Grandma would make shrimp and grits at get togethers back home, and my wife couldn't choke it down. I think Yankees have a genetic predisposition against grits. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

As much as I dislike grits, I recently acquired a taste for cinnamon and apple oat meal. And I never heard of cream wheat before. So I had to look it up, along with hickory switch.  

After looking both of them up, I remember what the switch is, EVIL. And cream of wheat is not bad if prepared right. Grits still suck tho. 

OK, where are you from?

South: Ima give ya whoopin with a hickory switch.

Northern Translation: I am going to beat your ass with a wooden spoon.
Edited by sigmtnman

Grits. Usually take my grits and smother my eggs, potatoes and bacon in it. I used to love cheese grits growing up, but just too rich to enjoy as an adult. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've found that if you get the yellow grits, your brain will think you are eating cheese grits but you don't have the richness to deal with.  The heartburn is still there, though that could be due to all the bacon...

There was an oatmeal choice available.  You bein' from Cali and all, we'd kinda expect it.  : )

It wasn't there when I was typing :lol: that would have been a harder choice, cream of wheat is just :down: compared to quaker oat.
  • Like 1