Grits vs Cream of Wheat

Showdown  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What say you?

• Grits
    • Cream of Wheat
    • Neither (I don't want to admit I'm a yankee or I don't know what a hickory switch is neither)
    • Oatmeal (I may be bi)

OK, where are you from?

South: Ima give ya whoopin with a hickory switch.

Northern Translation: I am going to beat your ass with a wooden spoon.

Im from the deep south, as in below the equator south. I am so southern, we dont have to worry about anyone speaking spanish coming in. 

And cut me some slack, ever after a decade and a half I am still hearing a few things that I have not before. No one is perfect. 

Should have specified, we dont speak spanish were I come from.

Edited by RC3
  • Like 1
[quote name="hipower" post="1137064" timestamp="1397187063"] [i]My strange wife likes that weird sandy concoction called grits though. [/i][/quote] You gotta let them cook awhile to have them soften up. Instant grits don't cut it for me. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

You gotta let them cook awhile to have them soften up. Instant grits don't cut it for me. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You know.  I never understood instant grits.  I mean.  Really?  Like a person can't spare the extra 3 minutes?

I love grits but I eat oatmeal more often cause it's pretty good for ya. Well at least until I add brown sugar, cinnamon, and half stick of butter.

We ate Cream of Wheat every once in a while when I was a kid. My grandfather worked on ore boats in the Great Lakes and I guess he brought that stuff home. I suppose my mom developed a taste for it. I never really liked it. Really I think Daddy Claude only liked it cause he couldn't get grits the majority of the year while he was up there so he just got used to it.
  • Like 1
Guest Lowbuster

Grits. Usually take my grits and smother my eggs, potatoes and bacon in it. I used to love cheese grits growing up, but just too rich to enjoy as an adult.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dayum I'm getting reminders of childhood now
I need to call my mommy for some food.
Guest Lowbuster

According to choices i may be bi but grits are horrible. Cream of wheat is right behind them.

Oatmeal for the win!

What's being bi got to do with grits?

Jk I had too

My wife hates grits though. Grandma would make shrimp and grits at get togethers back home, and my wife couldn't choke it down. I think Yankees have a genetic predisposition against grits.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Again with the Yankees. Lmao.

I'll admit it. When I first tried grits I really thought someone was trying to feed me sand blasting material. Lol. But with some experimenting and a nice helping of preserves and butter I really came to enjoy them. I've never tried cheese grits but I guess I should because cheese makes everything taste better. I have to vote for cream of wheat though. That's what I grew up eating every winter morning as a kid and I've always liked them.
  • Like 1