Grits vs Cream of Wheat

Showdown  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What say you?

• Grits
    • Cream of Wheat
    • Neither (I don't want to admit I'm a yankee or I don't know what a hickory switch is neither)
    • Oatmeal (I may be bi)

I love grits so much I'll even eat the instant ones. I like a slice of cheese on top of the bowl of well salted and peppered grits with 2 fried eggs on top. That's the breakfast of champions, IMHO.

you gotta tell me the name of this place! grits casserole sounds so good!!!

...Now probably more grits since there's a BBQ place that makes some kind of casserole out of them. I'm not sure exactly how much crack they mix in each batch, but it has to be a substantial amount as I can't help ordering every time I go there, and they're close enough for me to eat there a few times a week.

So I guess grits.

• Like 1

Again with the Yankees. Lmao.

I'll admit it. When I first tried grits I really thought someone was trying to feed me sand blasting material. Lol. But with some experimenting and a nice helping of preserves and butter I really came to enjoy them. I've never tried cheese grits but I guess I should because cheese makes everything taste better. I have to vote for cream of wheat though. That's what I grew up eating every winter morning as a kid and I've always liked them.

What is wrong with you fellers? : )  Preserves are for biscuits

• Like 3
Guest Lester Weevils

You're an AC/DC fan too huh?

Who?

Turn that crap down!

Nah. Then I'd have to listen to Queen.

Hayseed Dixie's got ya covered!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htlT8zj0wcg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAWl5peI8HY

Sweet grits on the side of bacon and eggs! I even like Krystal's grits with a packet of jelly!

None of that creamy or savory nonsense for me.

Gah! Butter, salt and black pepper please. Or possibly add some Texas Pete.

Don't even like sweet oatmeal. A little beef or chicken broth, lots of butter and pepper.

Guest Lowbuster
[quote name="BigK" post="1137192" timestamp="1397224549"]

I love grits so much I'll even eat the instant ones. I like a slice of cheese on top of the bowl of well salted and peppered grits with 2 fried eggs on top. That's the breakfast of champions, IMHO.

This sounds good. I'll be trying this soon.
Never ate cream of wheat, never will. Like oatmeal as long as it's my wife's or quaker oatmeal with the fruit in it. Grits its hands down, little butter, little cheese (if it don't change the color it ain't enough), and then crumble up some sausage. That's a breakfast that will stick around till lunch.

Mine isn't listed. Biscuits and gravy. I do know what a hickory switch is. I'm not a Yankee just polish. Need I say more ;)

Now you're talkin' my breakfast language. Buscuits, sausage gravy, and a little sorgum molasses for sweet. Yum!

Hate to say it, but I've never heard of cream of wheat... I like oatmeal, but I love grits. Some maple syrup and butter, yum.

I think I'll have some tomorrow. Thanks TGO!

Mine isn't listed. Biscuits and gravy. I do know what a hickory switch is. I'm not a Yankee just polish. Need I say more ;)

Mom used to make biscuits and gravy every Sunday! She made it the real way -- with bacon grease and fried boloney.

• Like 1