ITS MOREL SEASON!!!

What???

You miss out on sautéed mushrooms on your steaks, mushrooms, onions and black olives on your pizza. That makes for some great eatin'.

I just never acquired a taste for them. Folks love them, cook with them, and I pick them out. I can tell the distinct texture of a mushroom. But they have a pleasant taste. Olive oil is good, but olives just arent my thing. I am never drinking another dirty marniti again. Felt like I was drinking a olive field. But then again, I know a TON of people that dont like green peppers. I love them, all the different colors have a slight different taste.

Thanks, I know lots of those places since I live right new Old Hickory and I will launch the bass boat and go check out some of the islands up in the river for them. Guess I better take something with snake shot in it and get out my wader boots. Suppose to get a cool day midweek. Might go then....jmho

I just never acquired a taste for them. Folks love them, cook with them, and I pick them out. I can tell the distinct texture of a mushroom. But they have a pleasant taste. Olive oil is good, but olives just arent my thing. I am never drinking another dirty marniti again. Felt like I was drinking a olive field. But then again, I know a TON of people that dont like green peppers. I love them, all the different colors have a slight different taste.

My wife says chewing mushrooms is like chewing rubber. I would say she has no taste, but...

Thats how I feel about squid. Tasteless and rubber like.

Now on that we agree!

Funny you guys should say that, calamari is the only seafood I've ever enjoyed. Once. Had it at a great karaoke bar once and they used fresh oil is all I can guess. Every other time I've had it I would have agreed.

Off topic but it really suck not liking fish. Everyone and their sister is always saying the exact same thing "you'll like it the way I make it, you have to try it". Hate to break it to you but news flash, number one, this is America, I DO NOT have to try your fish and pestering me isn't going to help the cause. Number two, I'm 30 freakin years old. Not old by any stretch, but come on, do you think I'm completely ignorant?! I don't like it. Period. Why is it such a goal or accomplishment for some people to be able cook food in such a way that someone who doesn't like that food can stomach it?

<Rant off>

Food likes and dislikes are a funny and strange thing for most of us. What makes us like one thing and not another is pretty much an unknown, but it seems to work for each one differently.

And isn't it amazing how the application of a little heat will change it all?

Example.  Steak. Steak TarTar.

• Like 1

I do not like coarse cut sausage.. makes me gag..

I eat raw fish any day.. used to eat seasoned and raw hamburger meat in germany.. never got sick or worms.. ;p

Pig kidneys roasted on a stick where yummy back then..my mom would put  salted herring in our potatosalad..

Now I cant stand liver and onions...

I do not like coarse cut sausage.. makes me gag..

I eat raw fish any day.. used to eat seasoned and raw hamburger meat in germany.. never got sick or worms.. ;p

Pig kidneys roasted on a stick where yummy back then..my mom would put  salted herring in our potatosalad..

Now I cant stand liver and onions...

Onions....yes. Liver....NO.