Wal-Mart ammo

Went to 2 different stores today. It looks like things are slowly coming around. 9mm, 45acp, 38spl, 380 acp, 270, 30-06, 223, and others I can't recall right now. Different manuf. too. I hope it's turning the corner. But no 22 although one had 22mag.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pbrstreetgang_
Hear the same story at every Wal-Mart...same folks come in and clean 'em out almost as soon as it arrives. Gander Mountain in Knoxville and Bowling Green said almost the same thing...same folks camped out in the parking lot...

Same thing here, I'm told they are waiting in line at 7:00 most every morning.  When I asked if they considered putting the ammo out at random times throughout the day like Academy does the guy said they tried it one day and one of the "guys" raised such a stink with the manager that they decided to put it out as soon as it comes in to keep certain people quiet.  I probably haven't seen any 22's in close to a year and can't be there at 7 every morning to stand in line with the regulars so i wish things would get back to normal.

Over the last two months I have tried to get to a Walmart to get 22lr, but all the Clerks look at me crazy!  They immediately give me a dirty look, and say there isn't any 22lr.  I even got the link from another site that checks Walmart's inventory system to see if there is / was any at the stores I visited:  "http://findmeammo.com/walmart"  It does show what stores had 22lr.

I eventually was able to find a deal on the Internet and with shipping was still under $.10 per round.  I have started seeing even this deal's 22lr ammo on Gunbroker for about double what I paid for it.  Ouch!  Gougers should be flogged on site.  The other 22lr ammo on that site has gone from guys offering 1 each 500 round brick for lots more than I will pay plus shipping, to 3 and 4 bricks of the ammo from Walmart mostly at prices that I will not pay!  Good luck to the normal guy that has a life, work schedule, and family trying to just get enough to teach his kids about shooting.

22lr may be a lost cause....

Guest pbrstreetgang_
Had a local honey hole in Nashville that still had .22LR ...a bunch of it on the shelf...I stopped by every week or so and would get my 5-box limit...difference is we'd go to the farm and shoot it!
Went in yesterday and empty shelf..clerk told me same 4 guys came in consistently for a week and cleaned 'em out.. A**holes!
Guest mattadams6552

I got this from walmart in lexington tn saturday

[URL=http://s106.photobucket.com/user/mattadams6552/media/photobucket-6173-1397411655420_zpscbedbeec.jpg.html]photobucket-6173-1397411655420_zpscbedbe[/URL]

Guest mattadams6552

Yeah. I got 2 of the .223 and 2 of 7.62x 39 and shot most of them already. I went back to buy some more, but the workers at walmart said they didnt know if they would get any more in.  Out of frustration i ordered 1000 from ablesammo.com for 283 shipped.  If some more pop up at walmart i will buy them too.  Im sorta scared the cheap ammo could become scarce with all the stuff thats going on with russia right now.

Edited by mattadams6552

Yeah. I got 2 of the .223 and 2 of 7.62x 39 and shot most of them already. I went back to buy some more, but the workers at walmart said they didnt know if they would get any more in.  Out of frustration i ordered 1000 from ablesammo.com for 283 shipped.  If some more pop up at walmart i will buy them too.  Im sorta scared the cheap ammo could become scarce with all the stuff thats going on with russia right now.

Sportsmans guide had the 700 round spam cans for around $175