anybody else love cajun and creole food?

BigK

I absolutely love me some cajun and creole food. So, I'm always on the lookout for some good jambalaya, etouffee, gumbo, and red beans & rice. I tried Razz'z in Smyrna this evening and all I can say is dayuuum! He's got this plate called the Tour of New Orleans that comes with Jambalya, Étouffée, and Gumbo with garlic bread. The jambalaya was spot-on. The étouffée was the best I ever put in my mouth. I think I make a mean pot of gumbo, but his puts mine to shame. How many places do you go nowadays where the owner/chef himself greets you at the door and says hi? Plus, he's a TGO forum member!
  • Like 5
[quote name="gregintenn" post="1137926" timestamp="1397358626"]Thanks for the heads up. I'll give it a try sometime. Steamboat Bill's in Hendersonville isn't bad eating either. If your real serious about it, I can also recommend the original Steamboat Bill's in Lake Charles, LA.[/quote] You're the 2nd person that's told me about this place. A guy at work says it's real good too. I'm gonna have to look this place up next time I'm up that way. Thanks
[quote name="xjsnake" post="1137930" timestamp="1397358973"]Will have to hit that place up. I've been going to Bro's Cajun in Nashville. Darn good food.[/quote] Bro's is awful good too. I love their red beans and rice. I went there once last summer and they were grilling squash and zucchini on a little charcoal grill on the porch. It was so good, I think I had 3 or 4 orders of it and took my red beans and rice to go.

I love anything cajun. Don't have anything close so I have to rely on my sorry cooking skills. I have some homemade cajun spice I use on most everything.

Slide down to Chattanooga and check out Blue Orleans (I think). Corner of Market and Main. Opened a few years ago by a Katrina refugee. Good food.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll give it a try sometime.

Steamboat Bill's in Hendersonville isn't bad eating either. If your real serious about it, I can also recommend the original Steamboat Bill's in Lake Charles, LA.

It's been gone for a while...And the place that moved in is posted so, no business from me. Edited by daveW
[quote name="BigK" post="1137943" timestamp="1397360008"]Bro's is awful good too. I love their red beans and rice. I went there once last summer and they were grilling squash and zucchini on a little charcoal grill on the porch. It was so good, I think I had 3 or 4 orders of it and took my red beans and rice to go.[/quote] I so wanted to love that place, after seeing it on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. Sadly, the one and only visit was probably the worst dining experience I've ever had. You have no idea how bummed I was. We were the first customers of the day. It was as cold inside as it was outside. My mouth had been watering for their stuffed pork chop, but they didn't have any. I don't recall what my second choice was, but 10 minutes after placing my order, I was informed they were all out of something that was part of that dish. My third choice was something that sort of sounded good, but I'd never had it before. Long before being served my food, my girlfriend's was brought to the table. Much of hers was cold. Not cool, but cold. After watching her eat for a good 10 minutes, mine finally showed up. The menu description made it sound so much better than it really was. After choking down nearly half on mine, the owner came over with the same dish I was eating. I was completely unaware, but my dish wasn't made correctly, so he was bringing me the dish as it should have been made. I tried to turn it down, but he insisted. Shortly after that, I was ready to get out of there. When it came time to pay, the owner made small talk by asking me where I lived. When I told him that I lived in Springfield, he said "I hate Springfield. Everyone who lives in Springfield is crooked." It was a real WTF moment. Needless to say, I haven't been back. I hear so many good things about Bro's, so I'm trying to convince myself that I simply picked the wrong day. Edited by TripleDigitRide

I often travel to southern Louisiana (south of I-10) for work.  My favorite place to eat is 1921 Seafood in Houma.  It looks a bit like a shack but the portions are generous and the food is... well, let's just say I gained 12 pounds in one week during a visit.

• Like 1

I often travel to southern Louisiana (south of I-10) for work.  My favorite place to eat is 1921 Seafood in Houma.  It looks a bit like a shack but the portions are generous and the food is... well, let's just say I gained 12 pounds in one week during a visit.

Hardly anything bad ever came out of Houma LA... I knows dis each and every time I looks in da mirror! My favs used to be Eastway, Geno's, or Ray's Seafood; heck I growed up with Ray's being at best a 10 min walk from da house... 

• Like 1

It's been gone for a while...And the place that moved in is posted so, no business from me.

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :panic: I haven't been there in a while, but sure didn't know it was gone. I almost went there last night. That would have been a disappointment.

I love it but it hates me..................... :rock: :rock: Use to eat it all the time when I was younger. When I feel I deserve to torture myself and my buddy calls and tells me he has some Jambalaya made up and will bring me some I tell him to bring it on. Then for the next 3 or 4 days I hate myself for saying yes............... :up: :up: