Official TGO LG101 Pro Tech Buy in thread ORDERS NOW CLOSED

So who's opened their skin with one of these knives already?

I did when I was closing it. Small cut easily inflicted. :)

I was cutting something in my hand, not thinking. I have a small cut on my finger now. :surrender:

[quote name="TrickyNicky" post="1167546" timestamp="1405090545"]Me too. I've used it for everything from cutting rope to scraping dried muck up. Does what a knife should and does it well. If I can manage to not loose it, it will prove to be a solid buy all the way around.[/quote] I'm gonna feel self conscious if I have to send mine back for a spring repair. Mine is already dinged up pretty good. Wouldn't even compare to what it looked like out of the box like all the safe queens folks turned theirs into. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine worked great the bazillion times I opened it before July 1st..  One hour after I put it in my pocket on July 1st I went to show it off to someone and it didn't work. 

Go figure.

David at ProTech was great and took care of it immediately - it should be waiting for me when I get home today.

Well, if you've opened the blade that many times before finally it didn't work, it sounds like there's a possibility that all of them could have this issue. 

Do we know if all of the springs were made/cut at the same time, or were these built using different batches of springs?

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name="Ugly" post="1172945" timestamp="1406569284"]#6 just quit :stunned: Worked fine all this time and pulled it out today and nothing. Did you guys call or e-mail. Is Shipping $15?[/quote] My spring just crapped out yesterday. I'm devastated.

I've got a Protech TR-3 coming to me and it will likely become my EDC.  I've resisted the urge to carry my TGO knife in favor of keeping it as an heirloom.

I have 3 Protech knives now, and haven't carried any of them so far. I agree that the TGO knife won't ever get used, even though it would make a great EDC. I like automatics, and am real happy that we can carry them. I just haven't stopped carrying my ZT0550. Ain't nothin' wrong with it. :)

Edited by mikegideon
  • Administrator

I have 3 Protech knives now, and haven't carried any of them so far. I agree that the TGO knife won't ever get used, even though it would make a great EDC. I like automatics, and am real happy that we can carry them. I just haven't stopped carrying my ZT0550. Ain't nothin' wrong with it. :)

My ZT 0350ST is going to be plenty jealous, for sure.  I may have to make it up to the 0350ST by picking up a 0300ST to keep it company.

Damn knives.  They keep multiplying.

My ZT 0350ST is going to be plenty jealous, for sure.  I may have to make it up to the 0350ST by picking up a 0300ST to keep it company.

Damn knives.  They keep multiplying.

The 300 is a friggin moose knife. Never have carried mine. You should try the 550. It's as close to a real Hinderer as it gets, only reasonably priced and available.

XM18 3.5

Rat 1

IMG_0032.jpg

For whatever reason, I never warmed to the 550.  Its a tank but without the contoured scales, I think I just found it too thick.  The lighter weight and extra length of the 560 suited me better. And the flipper of course.  

I no longer have any of those knives though.  And looking at the picture, I wish I hadn't gotten rid of them.  I'm going to have to replace them.  

I've got a Protech TR-3 coming to me and it will likely become my EDC.  I've resisted the urge to carry my TGO knife in favor of keeping it as an heirloom.

You will love the TR3, like all Pro Tech knives they are great!
  • Like 1