I could not be more proud of my wife!

Before Yesterday my wife had never in her life shot a handgun,
I have been trying to her to shoot a gun for about 10 years. I never have nor never will force her into doing something that she does not want to. A friend of ours from church came over yesterday to shoot in my backyard. He brought 3 handguns with him. He showed my wife how to shoot a .22 revolver then 2 compact .9mm pistols.

I asked her several times if she wanted to shoot one of my .45 and she refused, when I finally talked her into shooting the Sig P220 she honestly shot it like the pistol was designed for her, she shot about 5 magazines and honestly blew me away, we will be getting her a P220 of her own, I couldn't be happier!

some times it just takes a certain little push from an outsider to create that little spark of curiosity and once it happens they take to it like a duck to water and then you realize you created a monster......... :rofl:   My second wife hated football because her first husband watched it but would never explain the game to her. When I was watching a game one day she came and sat down beside me and every time she would ask a question I would answer it. Here first question was what is a 1st down and I told her and the more she learned the more she wanted to know. Soon my house interior was turning orange here and orange there and I had a full blown UT NUT. I lost her in 1997 but I did fill one of her biggest dreams not knowing I was going to lose her but I got a buddy to loan me his season tickets he bought every year and even got to borrow his Chalet in Gatlinburg  for the weekend. She was excited that we were going to the mountains. I sprung the game on her after we got there. It was the same year Needem Stadium did their seat addition and when every began stomping their feet the whole place shook and you thought it was an earthquake. Sorry for going on so long but glad you got your wife included in your interests and hope she continues to enjoy it...... :up:  :up:  :up:  

• Like 7
Congrats.....it's a good feeling when they Finally step over

My wife hated guns prior to our dating. Shortly after getting married I talked her into learning about guns and pulling the trigger on at least all (2) of my carry guns "Just in Case" something ever happened. She agreed.........this women can Rock a S&W38. I was shocked. So Yeah she is now the handler for my model 50 Edited by BJB

For my wife's first day firing a handgun, I thought a Sig 250sc 9mm might be a good fit. She didn't like it. She asked to try my P226 also 9mm - there went the 226. The E2 grips worked well. She enjoyed the outing but is more comfortable firing the 22 cal conversion. Hey, if it helps her develop knowledge about guns, safe handling and marksmanship - she can shoot all the 22 rounds she likes. 3 or 4 of those rounds spot on target will take care of most defense issues.

This is great! 

When I took my wife out to shoot for the first time, she tried .22, 38, and 9mm pistols and didn't like it/them at all.  She said she wanted to shoot my 1911 - ended up having to buy her a 1911 of her own so she would give back my Springfield. 

I would say, enjoy the shared activity and interest. My EX attempted to learn to shoot several years into our marriage. She just could not comprehend lining up the sights(Colt .22 revolver). It was really pretty funny watching a highly intelligent female get so frustrated. Things were getting hit all around, but that target was perfectly safe.

That's just one example of why we are both happily divorced today.  Or I should say, I'M happy!

And if I could add a word of caution to the younger generation; NEVER start a female, or any novice with a Magnum caliber. Especially the Super Magnums.  Potentially dangerous and really not that funny.

Edited by HvBikeWlTravel