SCCY 9mm

tnhandgun57

Go for a PF-11. It won't damage your wrist while shooting it. 

Yep, even a hipoint 9 outshines the SCCY.

There is nothing wrong with either one of those, my only complaint on my p11 was it was too close to the size of my G26 at the time which I would always carry instead.

Guess I'm odd man out. I have one and carry it every day. I've got about 600rds  down it with the only trouble coming from the springs being installed backwards in the magazines and a squished magazine. I've been in contact with their customer service a few times to get some parts that they have updated and every time the parts shipped the next day and at no cost to me. I have have faith that if I ever need to send my gun in for repairs it will be a quick turn around time. 

Guess I'm odd man out. I have one and carry it every day. I've got about 600rds  down it with the only trouble coming from the springs being installed backwards in the magazines and a squished magazine. I've been in contact with their customer service a few times to get some parts that they have updated and every time the parts shipped the next day and at no cost to me. I have have faith that if I ever need to send my gun in for repairs it will be a quick turn around time. 

Hard to justify buying, with all the 'hate' in here.....not like I don't have several 9mms already.

But, you never know!!! I have and like the R51!!

Edited by tnhandgun57

I bought a SCCY for exactly the reason the OP is asking about them. Its cheap and not bad looking. I fired two magazines of ammo through it and the TRIGGER BROKE! Because it had only been a couple hours since the purchase, I was able to get my money back on the gun, but I had to get my serious voice on to do that. LOL

I'm with the others, if you are looking for inexpensive, go KelTec.

With those reviews I wouldn't have bought one either. I frequent the the sccy forum at sccyforum.com and it seems a bad batch has came out recently but most that have called and worked with SCCY have had their issues resolved fairly quickly. You do need to make sure you get a 2nd gen though as the first gen was a majour problem child.

My Girlfriend has the KelTec P11 which is almost identical and in comparing the two the SCCY wins hands down by every person we've let shoot both. 

Also from reading I didn't see anyone else that specifically said they had first hand experience with them. I searched hard for about 2months before buying mine because it was my first pistol and the first gun I ever bought and I planned to carry it every day. I had a very tight budget and if I picked wrong I was SOL. 

And I'll go ahead and apologize if I came across as if I'm undermining the peoples above I'm sure most have way more knowledge of fire arms than me I'm just sharing my first hand experiences.

If a Lorcin and a S&W Sigma had a baby, this would be it. It's a $250 piece of junk.

I agree with you but in the Sigma's defense the only thing really wrong with it is the trigger. I'd depend my life on it in a minute. If it were the end of the world I'd carry a sigma without hesitation. Besides I wouldn't want to scratch my M&P!
  • Admin Team

I agree with you but in the Sigma's defense the only thing really wrong with it is the trigger. I'd depend my life on it in a minute. If it were the end of the world I'd carry a sigma without hesitation. Besides I wouldn't want to scratch my M&P!

A friend of mine went through a 1000rd defensive pistol course with a Sigma. It did better than I expected, but was a terribly enlightening experience for him.
  • Admin Team

Enlightened in what way?

The 1000rd class was probably a 700rd class for him. The weapon functioned "okay", but he also had a cheap holster and an inferior belt.

Let's just say that was probably the best $300 he ever spent. He replaced all three immediately after the class. He also realized the value of proper instruction. He's continued to make that investment.
Guest kingarmory

I bought a stainless one on a whim and it has been 100% and a tack-driver.  The earlier incarnation of this gun (SKKY) was notoriously poor quality

• 2 months later...

With those reviews I wouldn't have bought one either. I frequent the the sccy forum at sccyforum.com and it seems a bad batch has came out recently but most that have called and worked with SCCY have had their issues resolved fairly quickly. You do need to make sure you get a 2nd gen though as the first gen was a majour problem child.

My Girlfriend has the KelTec P11 which is almost identical and in comparing the two the SCCY wins hands down by every person we've let shoot both. 

Also from reading I didn't see anyone else that specifically said they had first hand experience with them. I searched hard for about 2months before buying mine because it was my first pistol and the first gun I ever bought and I planned to carry it every day. I had a very tight budget and if I picked wrong I was SOL. 

And I'll go ahead and apologize if I came across as if I'm undermining the peoples above I'm sure most have way more knowledge of fire arms than me I'm just sharing my first hand experiences.

Don't apologize for having a great experience with a firearm nor for posting first hand experience.

When I did my research on HiPoint carbines, if I believed all the second hand, brother's cousin's girlfiend's uncle's mailman's experiences, I would not be an owner today.

Here's my experience with the sccy pistol..i bought one brand new for my wife a couple months ago..Brought it home, loaded it up, and the extractor was so tight that it would not let go of the ejected round(working the gun by hand)..I never even got to fire the first round through it.....I took the gun right back to the store the next morning, and traded it in on a M&P shield .40....I recommend you stay away from these guns, espeically if you are going to use it as a edc..

If you want a decent cheap handgun, go buy a hi-point...I've owned 2 of them and they both functioned flawlessly...

I've no first hand knowledge of the SCCY 9 and have never owned a Hi-Point, but have first hand knowledge of their functionality. The initial production models of the S&W Sigma were pretty disappointing, I had one and promptly traded it for a Glock 22. I won't recommend the KelTec PF9 unless you've got small hands, yep found that out myself too.