How often do you carry?

How often do you carry a gun?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following best describes your gun carry habits?

• I carry at all times, no matter what.
    • I carry when I think I may need a gun.
    • I keep a gun in my vehicle, but it's not usually on m person.
    • I have a permit but a rarely actually carry my gun.

Guest Wildogre

Almost all the time outside of the house and most of the time in the house except walking to an from my car at work. In fact I can think of only two times in the last two years or so when I did not have one on my outside of the house or at least in the car. 

Went to Fl a few weeks ago and the wife and I took a day trip to another town. I did not know what kinds of places we would be going into so I didn't carry walking down the streets. Felt nekkid and uneasy most of the time even though it was definitely a safe area. Looking back I still wish I had taken it.

That's the longest I've been without one on for quite a while.

Guest Lowbuster
I have one anytime I leave the house, but don't carry where prohibited because I usually don't go to those places. At home one is always close. I had to many close calls when working on the road and feel kinda nekkid without one. Been carrying so long it would be like forgetting my pants.

Like lots of other posters here....  If my pants are on, there is a gun in the pocket... There are always multiple guns in easy reach in the home and in vehicles... When "...on the frontier..." (...as my 24 year old is fond of sayin...); i have at least two firearms in reach; sometimes more...  

Remember, ".... it's better to have it and not need it; than to need it and not have it..."; and "...an armed society is a polite society...".   

leroy

• Like 2

24/7 unless headed to a courthouse, government building, or other prohibited locations. Although its not my primary carry weapon anymore, I've got to praise the LCP. If you have one (and a good pocket holster), you have no excuse for not carrying.

I carry constantly. If I'm outside my house, I'm carrying. At work, I have to restrict my carry to my backpack that stays in my desk due to my activity. Inside my home I don't "carry" on my person but I keep a firearm beside me on the end table.

I carry daily. At home if I am not carrying, there is one within arms reach. If I walk out the door, I have a firearm on me.

It is against the rules at work to have firearms, so of course I follow rules that limit my ability to protect myself. :bs:

I have been without a gun on me no more that 10 days since 2008. If I am leaving my property I ALWAYS have at least one gun on my person and another close by. Walking to the mailbox I sometimes have a gun with me but not always. Sitting in the house I ALWAYS have a gun close by as well. Was never really that worried about having guns close by in the house until someone tried to kill my wife and I in 2009. Now I can probably lay down a minute or two of return fire if need be.

Dolomite, I hope I'm not stepping over the line and pardon me if you've already told the story, but what happened? Man, I can't imagine.

I decided not to answer the poll because none of the choices "fit" my circumstances...I carry as often as I'm able which is most of the time but circumstances (mostly where I'm going to be) often dictate how often that is.

Also, if I'm going someplace where I believe I NEED to be armed then I don't go there! ;)

Edited by RobertNashville
24/7/365 here, too. Most often 2 on + 1 within reach. At home no more than two steps away, even while showering. Not that I'm paranoid, it's just that I've had to really develop simple protocols for everything from where my keys go, to where my computer glasses sit on my desk, to where my cellphone is placed, to where my weapons stay, or I become forgetful. It's about creating routine that is unbroken, which makes the repeatability and reliability of life's functions safer and more predictable for me. Guess that kinda sounds a bit Adrian Monk, huh.

None of the above.  I can't carry at work.  Not only is there an employer rule against it but - more importantly, to me - because I work for a private college doing so would also be illegal.

Other than when I am at work, however, I carry pretty much all the time.  I even usually carry when I am at home and I certainly carry wherever legally possible when I am not at home.  I personally believe in carrying whenever i can but even if it weren't for that, given all the money we have to spend in order to buy the priveledge to excercise a right in this state, I'd carry whenever possible, anyway, just to get my money's worth!

I picked all the time but I do remove it if I have to enter properly posted areas and some of the other options also apply partially (I carry something BIGGER if I think there may be trouble, and sometimes something *even BIGGER* in the car if its really looking grim).   Mostly I try to avoid dangerous areas but there are times one has to drive to or thru the gang turf.

This day in time you can drive into gang turf and not even know it till it's too late. The turfs are growing all the time and new gangs mean new turfs. Opry Mills has about become a gang turf and is dangerous at night for sure. There have been a lot of people shot and many killed just for making a wrong turn. I try to make sure I know if I am going to get near known gang zones but like i said they are growing................jmho

Dolomite, I hope I'm not stepping over the line and pardon me if you've already told the story, but what happened? Man, I can't imagine.

For years my brother "borrowed" money. He swore he would pay it back but never did. Honestly I knew he couldn't but I was doing much better than him so I didn't mind helping him out. Every week or two he would hit me or my wife up for money. Towards the end he would even flaunt it by telling us he had a date with "Crystal". I found out later from a mutual friend it ws his way of flaunting the fact he was using the money to buy drugs. At the same time my mother would borrow money that I later found out would go to my brother. When I found out I cut them both off as far as getting cash. I told them I would buy them what they needed but I would never hand them cash again. My mother and brother quit talking to me then in October of 2009 he grabbed an AK, assaulted our mother on his way out of her house then headed to my house, which is about 300 yards away, to kill my family and me. Luckily LE scared him into the woods before he actually got to my house. We had the SWAT team in a creek in front of our house watching it until he was caught a few hours later. My brother refused to drop the gun but the officers tackled him rather than shoot him. In the end all my brother's charges were dropped by our screwed up courts in our county. Because he is on social security for mental issues they sent him for a mental eval and he was released a week after he assaulted our mother, tried to kill us and then had a standoff with officers. Since then he has been in all kinds of trouble for assaulting our mother and father.

He also tried to kill us in 2003-2004 too but I did not find out about that until a few years later. He had grabbed a gun with intentions of killing my family and I then but officers responded and wrestled it away then took him for a mental evaluation. I do remember the time he was in for an evaluation but never knew why until later.

Before he tried to kill us he even bragged about how he was going to kill us but LE said they could not do anything unless he acted. Our county clerk said it was a civil matter and I needed to sue him for slander. I called her and idiot and walked out of the court house. Even today I hear from random friends of his that my brother is telling people he is going to kill us.

I have been shot at a lot but the day I thought I was going to have to kill my brother was the scariest day in my life. Luckily the sheriff's office called and gave us a warning that he was on his way.

Then after everything was said and done my mother asked me if it was worth it. She said if I would have just kept giving them money he wouldn't have tried to kill us. So in the end my mother, father and brother tell people their problems, including my brother's drug use, was our fault for not giving them any more money.

There is a LONG history between my family and I. Basically they are all liars, thieves, drug users, drunks and mentally unstable. They have done stuff that would make most people say WTF.

There are members here who have seen first hand what kind of screwed up family I have.

Edited by Dolomite_supafly