Where to find Amish furniture craftsmen in the mid-state area?

• Administrator

My family and I recently finished building our new home and we'd like to pick up some well-built furniture.  Right now we're primarily looking for things like rocking chairs or Adirondack chairs for the front and rear porches, but eventually we're going to want to do more than that.

Do any of you know of Amish craftsmen in the mid-state area?

Come south, Ethridge/Summertown area.
I do not know any specifically that deal in furniture, but I have seen chairs and stuff at a few of the places. There are a few stores, plus can drive the back roads and stop in at some of the home shops.
There are a couple of lumber mills and some leather workers I have dealt with before.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/amish+summertown+tn/@35.3863599,-87.3182121,12z/data=!4m5!2m4!3m3!1samish!2sSummertown,+TN!3s0x886339463dea98fb:0xb32a85d55ad35b8f Edited by jonathon1289
  • Like 2
I'll second the Ethridge/Lawrenceburg area. Everything from fresh vegetables, to hand made furniture, to leather craftsman, if they don't do it their neighbor does. Very large community of them, most I've dealt with are very friendly and the work they do can't be beat

There are a lot of Amish up by Ft Campbell also. I had quite a bit of furniture built up there.

It was inexpensive when I first started acquiring it. But they have gotten quite and education over the past few years

in what their products are worth do to the recession and downsizing in growing crops.

I will see if I can find the card. It is on the Oak Grove, KY side.

One of the funniest thing I ever saw up there were Amish people doing brick work on the Cat West Strip Club one day on my way to

Ft Campbell to a meeting.

Edited by R1100R

Martin's on Broad Street in the boro carries Amish outdoor furniture I believe. http://www.martinshomeandgarden.com/

We bought a swing there a few years back.

Yes for Martin's. I found a beautiful White Oak and Maple Glider Rocker there last year. I was intending that it be my front porch chair, but it looks just too good to be outside. So it resides in our den instead.

Well, they ain't Amish but, instead, Menonite (they used to be one group but the Amish broke away from the Menonites way back when.)  In Monterey, Tennessee (near Crossville) there is a Menonite settlement at Muddy Pond.  I don't know if that is far enough 'middle' for you but they have a couple of general stores there including one large one with a tack shop next to it.  There is usually some outdoor furniture for sale outside that store.  You could check out the quality, etc. of those pieces and if you like what you see I bet the folks working at the store could tell you how to get ahold of whoever makes it so you could talk to them about the possibility of making exactly what you want.

Edited by JAB
Guest t.bird

Just saw a commercial for Gish's Amish furniture at 131 Cason Ln in the boro.

I drive by this place all the time, I've never been in though.  It seems that there are usually a few cars in the parking lot.