.22 magnum Revolver

DrCoxx122

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the minis.   They are very difficult to load (remove a pin, remove cylinder, push out the cases....)  and that is the only negative thing I can say about them.  They work and are well made at a reasonable price, and certainly are small. 

Before buying, consider the performance of 22 mag out of extremely short barrels.   Also consider this -- I have not seen a box of 22 mag in almost a year (well, outside my own supply). 

Its probably too big but taurus makes a 9 shot pocket sized 22 mag, the 941 (from memory, its 94? anyway).  

Before buying, consider the performance of 22 mag out of extremely short barrels.   .

Normally magnums do need barrel length to gain oomph but 22mag travels at 300-400 more FPS than many of the same weight 22lr in the mini's.

Yep that is the one I was looking at but I did miss the folding grip. Sorry for making that mistake. I bet without that folding grip that gun would be a handful in the Mag series.............jmho

Edited by bersaguy

I have the Black Widow in 22WMR (2" barrel) and it goes with me almost everywhere. The short barrel is not as much a concern with the newer .22WMR defense ammo out there (Speer, Hornady, etc)-- which is designed specifically for these little firearms.

Should it replace your primary defensive sidearm? No. But is it better than a sharp stick? Oh yeah. These guns were designed for "up close & personal" work.

Here's an example:

http://youtu.be/q-cqNCGnx_o

Edited by tartanphantom

All the looks must have got their notice. Lowest went from $212 to $247 since thread started. Is $237 from Bud's on GunBroker.

- OS

Yep , they sure did OS. When I looked today it was on weekly special page and it's gone now.  Buds must have someone spying here........... :rock:

Yep , they sure did OS. When I looked today it was on weekly special page and it's gone now.  Buds must have someone spying here........... :rock:

oh well.  We have to go *somewhere* to look at the pictures before buying elsewhere.

Got one -- goes with me pert near everywhere.

But I didn't like the folding grip (mine was kinda loose it seemed).  Also hard to hang onto with the little wood factory grips with the magnums.

I like the oversized rubber grips (even if they are nearly as big as the rest of the revolver).

But, as others have said, it is well made and reliable. 

had one. Too small to manipulate for me. Well built but it was a solution for a problem i didn't currently have. Trust me, i really tried to like it. These guns were on the list to own when possible. Now they are on the list of guns to own when all other categories are filled. At that point, it will be a novelty.