TankerHC and Banned Members

• Moderators

To keep this short, I found out today that TankerHC was banned. Without going into too many details, I spoke with him today and listened to what he had to say. Ultimately, the main thing he was concerned about was that a few members were supposed to contact him and cannot. Thus, he would like for me to place his email:

####EMAIL REMOVED####

Now, on the subject of banning members, I completely respect the authority but not always the decisions that the admin team here does. 95% or more of the time I agree with them completely. TankerHC himself agrees that TGO has changed, one of the main things that he has seen is a surprising amount of anti-gun comments from a supposedly pro-gun forum. I too have seen this from certain members at certain times. I know everyone has differing opinions and I respect that they have their own opinions. However, let us not forget that it is a possibility that anti-gun shills have infiltrated TGO; I think we would be naive to think that they have not. They would act like us most of the time but use "common sense" and consensus to suggest that certain items/laws be unreasonable and that hunting rifles are all we need or nobody needs more than 6 rounds in a revolver for self defense.

Now, on the topic of the members banned. I think it would be a service to the community if a list was published of whom was banned and possibly for what reasoning. If possible, I think it would also be a service if somehow a method was devised by which existing members could somehow get into contact with one of the banned members if needed. For example, had I not had TankerHC's cell number I would not nor would never had a way to contact him again even though personally I like chatting up with the guy. I bet there are many others here that feel the same way about some of the members banned.

If admin would rather drop the subject entirely then so be it. 

Edited by TGO David

Without knowing the entire story behind everything going on, nor caring to, I personally started feeling like his posts were going towards "everything I say is right, and if you disagree, you're wrong" kind of thing.

As far as knowing the specifics of whatever happened, this is a privately owned board and I don't think we have a right to know anything that happens on the backend.

• Like 6
  • Moderators

Without knowing the entire story behind everything going on, nor caring to, I personally started feeling like his posts were going towards "everything I say is right, and if you disagree, you're wrong" kind of thing.

As far as knowing the specifics of whatever happened, this is a privately owned board and I don't think we have a right to know anything that happens on the backend.

My original post was not to argue against the banning of anyone. If TGO David or any number of his admin wanted to ban any member who had the letter "E" in their name that would be their decision. I was merely stated that if they are willing, I would be interested in seeing a list of whom was banned and for what reason if appropriate. Also, as a service to the existing community, I think it would be great if a contact method was provided for the banned members if it could be done appropriately.

I myself am just concerned about my own ox in the ditch so to speak.  For any member that I consider a friend, I already have alternative ways to contact them other than the TGO communication method.  I would recommend other TGO friends do the same.  You just never know.  Don't wait until the lights are out to discover you have no flash light or candles.  Or since this is gun message board, don't wait until you out of 22LR ammo to realize there is no 22LR to be had!  Be mindful virtual physics do apply to even message boards,  what goes up must come down, all good things must come to an end (someday), and time devours all things. 

My original post was not to argue against the banning of anyone. If TGO David or any number of his admin wanted to ban any member who had the letter "E" in their name that would be their decision. I was merely stated that if they are willing, I would be interested in seeing a list of whom was banned and for what reason if appropriate. Also, as a service to the existing community, I think it would be great if a contact method was provided for the banned members if it could be done appropriately.

The banned list is a good idea, IMO.

We will NOT being going into why anyone is banned. The punishments handed out are between the staff and the member. If the member chooses to talk about it that is fine but we, as staff, will not discuss it.

With that being said we sometimes find it in the best interest of the board to remove members here before they are able to do harm. To all onlookers it may seem as though some members did nothing wrong but I can assure you that those who were banned were banned for good reason. And in some cases it doesn't mean they did anything wrong on TGO but was done to prevent potential harm to the board or its members. We as moderators are here to protect the board and hopefully protect its members, especially so if TGO is used to do the damage.

Trust me when I say those that were banned were banned for good reason. We take banning people very seriously and unless it is something major that has to be addressed immediately we, as staff, often discuss what needs to be done. We have been discussing those that were banned for a very, very long time and it became time to act.

As far as a list of who is banned and why, I see no need for it. It will not change anything and will only serve to satisfy the curiosity of some. It will also serve to embarrass some who may not wish to have it posted. I know they are already banned but as I said before all punishments, including banning, are between the staff and the member. And just to give you an idea we have 91 pages of banned members with 10 members on each page. That is a HUGE list even if we wanted to post it.

• Like 1
[quote name="Sam1" post="1143431" timestamp="1398639128"]... As far as knowing the specifics of whatever happened, this is a privately owned board and I don't think we have a right to know anything that happens on the backend.[/quote] +1, and I doubt that the admins on the board are going to take time to appease current members with a banned member contact list. Perhaps, a forum member can monitor the banned members. Good luck to whomever takes on that chore