This could get serious!!!

Seems like they keep pushing the time back that it's going to get bad. I wouldn't be surprised if nothing happens.

In all honesty I wish the storms would move faster because I would rather face the storms in daylight than darkness. I hate night time storms and tornado's It seems like most of it is moving south of us bt they still have all of most of Tennessee with a 5 in 10 chance of having tornado's till about 8PM

• Like 1

Heavy rains here overnight and early morning. Unofficial rain guage says 3+ inches. Cooper Creek runs thru our property and has hit its normal storm flow depth. More heavy rains and I may have yard folding again.
Hopefully no more than the yard this time.

That sucks ! I remember you went through hell with that last big flood 

In all honesty I wish the storms would move faster because I would rather face the storms in daylight than darkness. I hate night time storms and tornado's It seems like most of it is moving south of us bt they still have all of most of Tennessee with a 5 in 10 chance of having tornado's till about 8PM

Hopefully it stays south. I'm ready for this to be over so I can eat something. Living here in Spring Hill for almost 9 years and I still get a little nervous.

That sucks ! I remember you went through hell with that last big flood 

Thanks for the memories. Hopefully the cleanup day with some neighborhood and local business volunteers helped this time. We spent, about  people that is, attempting to clear several tree jams along the Cooper Creek route Saturday. Quite a bit of trash, rock, and wood debris was removed from the channel. We plan to do it again, in a month or so, with more help.

[URL=http://s1153.photobucket.com/user/enfield03/media/April_27_2011_severe_weather_warnings_K4DLS_zpsb675cbf3.jpg.html]April_27_2011_severe_weather_warnings_K4[/URL]

This shows the watches and warnings issued on April 27, 2011.  The red polygons are tornado warning areas.  The white dot is where I was, running a Skywarn net.  There was nothing funny about it, and I'd prefer to get warnings that never materialize, rather than get another one of these.  The National Weather Service is trying to save lives.

I got one of those NOAA radios I will give you. I have had it to three different places to get it programed and no one can seem to get it programmed for Gallatin. If a tornado warning is in Clarksville, Dickson, Ashland City etc etc It will wake me up and warn me but we have had 3 major storms come through Gallatin and it does not make a sound. Maybe you can find someone that can program it to work in your area............... :up:

What model is it? I might be able to figure it out for you

Bracing for impact in Bradley Co. It has stayed west of us all day as it has been moving NE, but it's slowly sliding this way. Tornado watch extended to 1am. 3 years ago today part of my roof was laying in the back yard. Yippy :(

Stay alert and safe everyone

What model is it? I might be able to figure it out for you

WR100      When I bought it up at Krogers they had people there from FEMA and several other agencies programing them. First time storms came through and weather man was talking tornadoes in Sumner it never made the first beep. A week later they had severe storms in Clarksville and Dickson and the dang thing went nuts. So I carried it back up to Krogers and there was no one there that knew how to program it and they said take it to the Fire Hall because they program them all the time and I did. And the guy said, your all fixed up. Stores came through Gallatin, not a beep. Storms went through Franklin and Fairview and the thing went nuts.  Had a buddy of mine tel me he programed  his and it works great and he lives in Portland. he takes mine home and brings it back last Summer. We had severe storms come through and nothing. Storms in Montgomery county, Dickson  County, Williamson county thing goes nuts. That is why I said I would give it away because it works in every county and town but this one so I would rather someone have it and maybe it will save their lives cause it damn sure don't want to save mine........ :up: :up:

WR100      When I bought it up at Krogers they had people there from FEMA and several other agencies programing them. First time storms came through and weather man was talking tornadoes in Sumner it never made the first beep. A week later they had severe storms in Clarksville and Dickson and the dang thing went nuts. So I carried it back up to Krogers and there was no one there that knew how to program it and they said take it to the Fire Hall because they program them all the time and I did. And the guy said, your all fixed up. Stores came through Gallatin, not a beep. Storms went through Franklin and Fairview and the thing went nuts.  Had a buddy of mine tel me he programed  his and it works great and he lives in Portland. he takes mine home and brings it back last Summer. We had severe storms come through and nothing. Storms in Montgomery county, Dickson  County, Williamson county thing goes nuts. That is why I said I would give it away because it works in every county and town but this one so I would rather someone have it and maybe it will save their lives cause it damn sure don't want to save mine........ :up: :up:

The WR-100 has bad reviews for not always receiving a signal. I heard they only work in certain areas (which you found out the hard way). Maybe someone on here lives in a more rural area and would find it useful.

My Wife Has Business Out Of Town This Week, So I'm Hoping That The Weather Is Severe Enough For Me To Skip An Event That She Obligated Me To Attend Tomorrow Evening. I Have No Shame. :)

Well, the storms subsided here in the western part of the state earlier today and I just returned home from that darned event. :(

You all stay safe out there.

WR100 When I bought it up at Krogers they had people there from FEMA and several other agencies programing them. First time storms came through and weather man was talking tornadoes in Sumner it never made the first beep. A week later they had severe storms in Clarksville and Dickson and the dang thing went nuts. So I carried it back up to Krogers and there was no one there that knew how to program it and they said take it to the Fire Hall because they program them all the time and I did. And the guy said, your all fixed up. Stores came through Gallatin, not a beep. Storms went through Franklin and Fairview and the thing went nuts. Had a buddy of mine tel me he programed his and it works great and he lives in Portland. he takes mine home and brings it back last Summer. We had severe storms come through and nothing. Storms in Montgomery county, Dickson County, Williamson county thing goes nuts. That is why I said I would give it away because it works in every county and town but this one so I would rather someone have it and maybe it will save their lives cause it damn sure don't want to save mine........ :up: :up:

When bob barker was alive, and Sheriff he would have kicked ems in the butt to make sure everyone was a afe....and emergency comms worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.
Guest theconstitutionrocks

Having a viable plan/resources goes a long way in reducing the anxiety/stress level and allows you to relax...Where possible have:

a good shelter, if you don't have one, find it or build it so you have it available the next go around

emergency medical and food supplies

emergency backup power (simple as LED lights)

shelter for your vehicle(s), if not or you are worried about destruction of your garage, consider dispersion (several vehicles seperated by several miles) that way one event doesn't get them all.

comms (cell, landline, radio)

some cash on hand and in the bank

basic tools

life, home, auto, medical, insurance

most importantly...a plan

If it is gonna happen, it's gonna happen and all the worrying in the world won't change that. Channel the anxiety into action and reduce/mitigate your vulnerability footprint.

I've been looking for a new weather radio and found this one today. 

But i'm thinking again now, if theWR 100 doesn't work the WR 120B may not either. 

http://www.amazon.com/Midland-WR-120B-Weather-Certified-Trilingual/dp/B00176T9OY/ref=pd_sim_e_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1DJTD9VX57AR4T81EW03

The 120B is supposed to be a good radio.  It's the one we bought for our club communications trailer.

Hell, I fished this afternoon in the storm. Made for a good topwater bite. I am pretty sure milk and bread only saves you in snow storms... err 1" of snow... I am leaving for lake Guntersville on Wednesday so as long as this storm leaves my boat and truck alone I will be happy. 

They are biting on June bug Red Flake Trick worms on Guntersville right now. Had a buddy fish a tournament down there last Friday and he got 2nd place and lost one about 6 next to the boat. Fishing by himself and couldn't get the net before the fish got off. He weighed in 17lbs. He was kind of disappointed there were very few weeds and I told him they began spraying them in February this year. He caught most of his fish back by the bridge in South Salty Creek. I think most folks don't know they are spraying the weeds but they will be disappointed when they get down there and find out.