My little girl

That's awesome to hear!  :)

I bought my 9 year old son an SR-22 for his birthday a few months ago and he loves it. That's a great little pistol for a kid's first.

I put a laser on it for him and he was busting 6" balloons at 15 yards with no problem.

Guest bjamin25
My little girl is five and I have her started on a Henry youth lever gun. Of course I stand right with her to help and for safety. She loves it and we shoot just about everyday. Lol she asks to shoot instead of toys. Sad thing is 22 is hard find so she can shoot. I grew up shooting one. i just think its sad that most kids now cant shoot their guns for lack of bullets.

My little girl is five and I have her started on a Henry youth lever gun. Of course I stand right with her to help and for safety. She loves it and we shoot just about everyday. Lol she asks to shoot instead of toys. Sad thing is 22 is hard find so she can shoot. I grew up shooting one. i just think its sad that most kids now cant shoot their guns for lack of bullets.

Lucky girl to have a Henry as her first rifle! H&H in Jefferson City has some 22, not old prices though but he has some.
Guest Lowbuster
Henry was my daughters first 22. She loves it. Way to go teaching our next generation about our rights and keeping the spirit alive. I wish I had more 22 ammo I'd help you out so she can shoot more.
I was lucky with the ammo, I picked up a case of 10 bricks back when they were 7cents each. My daughter loves doing anything with our guns. She helps me with ammo inventory, safe organizing and such. I just reorganized my office and made room for a work bench. I will start showing her about breaking down and cleaning her gun. We have some work to do on our range, maybe after we get that done tomorrow we will shoot some.
Guest bjamin25

lol yea I wanted to get her a gun that she could shoot but would hold its value more than a pink cricket lol. not downing the cricket just wanted something that would hold value and last so I got her the henry and as she grows it will be a load more fun for her than the cricket.  I lucked up the other day when I was in basspro they had a few 333 boxes for sale so I picked one up for her.  shes good for now. Im just glad she enjoys shooting gives me something to spend time doing with her and teaching.

• 2 years later...

My daughter turns ten in a week. She had been shooting for five years. She goes to State Finals in two weeks as a ranked shooter.

Girls can shoot, and have a lot of fun doing it. See if you can find a 4H Shooting Sports in your respective county, you won't regret it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm way older than your kids but a month or so Monkey and I attended a picnic with gentlemen who had a shooting contest afterwards. It was pay to shoot and winner took the pot. Some were using modern weapons but 2 of the gentle used muzzleloaders.

I don't normally like shooting anything I don't own, but one of the guys was insistent that I shoot his muzzleloader. It was so huge that I'll admit I was intimidated. I secretly think his intention was to get a laugh out of it? Not sure. But I went back to the shooting line, hoisted it up and hit the bullseye. Now, listen, I'm not a great shot, but I do ok. And I'm pretty certain that was dumb luck. But I don't think he took it very well because he left within 5 minutes. 

My husband on the other hand had a huge smile on his face and loves to tell the story. While laughing. I wish that I had been taught as a child, but I grew up with mostly women and sadly, no one owned a gun, let alone "believed" in them. So I've only got 5.5 years under my belt and that's all thanks to Monkey. You're great dads for giving them the support you are!

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...