TGO Motorcycle Meetup? May 18th

TGO Motorcyle Meetup  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What day would you prefer to have a meetup?

• Saturday
    • Sunday
    • Saturday or Sunday

Hi Everyone,

I posted this in the Motorcycle Group but thought there may be some who aren't a part of it who may be interested and it didn't show up in any of the normal forum sections (that I could see).

In the last couple of months, I have got back into riding and just recently bought a new bike.  Actually I bought one on here which was a great bike, but just a bit too sporty for me, so I sold it and bought something a little more relaxed.

Anyway, I am thinking that it would be good to try and plan a TGO ride at some point.  Nothing extravagant, just a day to meet up somewhere and ride some of the local roads, grab some lunch, and just get to know a few more people.  

I am in Franklin, so I am thinking about something in Middle TN, but of course those in some of the other areas could plan something as well.  Heck, even if there are some from different areas who are say a couple of hours apart, we could plan to meet in the middle somewhere as a group.

If anyone is interested, post here and we'll see what we can setup.  Now that I have my new bike I am ready to go out and enjoy it.

Ride safe.

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 1

I'm always up for a good ride. I'll be on a VFR800

The VFR is a nice bike. That was what I had previously, but I am a big guy and it just didn't fit me well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know the feeling I'm 6'4 and about 230.  But for sport bikes i haven't found any that are more comfortable than the VFRs.  I have a 3rd Gen in the garage too, but it needs some work to get back on the road.  I will be investing in some Helibars for the 800 and some peg lowering blocks though, those make a world of difference to taller riders  

I know the feeling I'm 6'4 and about 230. But for sport bikes i haven't found any that are more comfortable than the VFRs. I have a 3rd Gen in the garage too, but it needs some work to get back on the road. I will be investing in some Helibars for the 800 and some peg lowering blocks though, those make a world of difference to taller riders

I put Heli's, a Sargent seat, and lower pegs on the one I bought and it did help, but not to where I didn't have to get off and walk around after an hour or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I work in Franklin so tend to avoid it at the weekends. You have a great shot for 96 and Natchez trace though. There's the whole Lynchburg area too which I have yet to explore.

I'm thinking of taking a couple of days off soon and just spending a long weekend riding around. tOo mUch WorK aND n0t EnoGH PlAy!

I'd be interested but only if nobody laughs at a trike.  Went this route since the last time I rode two wheels and a motor was 1957 or so.  Decided watching for other folks trumped balancing a macho bike. 

I won't laugh for sure. I've had those days where I wished I had a trike. Had one the other day actually trying to drive through Bellevue at rush hour. Stop and go. Stop and go.

I'd be interested but only if nobody laughs at a trike.  Went this route since the last time I rode two wheels and a motor was 1957 or so.  Decided watching for other folks trumped balancing a macho bike. 

No laughing here, either.  It doesn't matter what you ride as long as you ride.

How about we plan something for the 17th or 18th of May?  Or we could look out into June to give anyone who needs more time to plan plenty of time.  I don't need much notice, but I know it is easier for some if we do plan it out further.

I will probably do some riding this Sunday if anyone else wants to do some local riding. 

Well, let's plan on the 18th since it seems that the day preference is even and MaroonandWhite was the only one who responded with a specific day.  It looks like we have some interested between Clarksville and Chattanooga, so what about we try to meet in Lynchburg?  That is just an option, but it will probably be a nice ride for all to that point.  Everyone can leave at whatever time they need to meet at say 1:00?  Earlier is ok for me too, so whatever the group wants to do.

If that works for everyone, we can figure out where to meet locally for our respective starting points.  If the weather doesn't look like it's going to cooperate then we can maybe try for Saturday or a later time.  I am a fair weather rider so if there is a big chance of rain, I will probably wait for a better day.