Pics in New Forum format

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I think I remember the same thread, but I can't find it right now either.

There is a setting under options of the User CP, but I think that has to do with viewing, not posting.

If I can't find something soon, maybe someone else will post later.

I used to have not trouble posting pics.

Now for some reason all I can get posted is a thumbnail. I think I saw where this was explained but I got busy doing actual work and lost the thread.

Thanks in advance

Well, I haven't used the gallery space for links, if that's what you mean, but note that the thumbnail image and the actual pic are different URL's, if that helps any.

For example, from your own gallery:

http://www.tngunowners.com/photos/data/500/thumbs/ColtLawman.JPG

is the thumbnail

http://www.tngunowners.com/photos/data/500/medium/ColtLawman.JPG

is first resolution pic

http://www.tngunowners.com/photos/data/500/ColtLawman.JPG

is the highest rez pic

If this helps at all...

- OS

Guest Verbal Kint

Yep... think OS is on the right track. It all depends on which url you choose to link in your post. If you're just using the thumbnail link, then you'll obviously just end up with the thumbnail.

Guest Verbal Kint
Ah, that could be it, I don't have any pics on TGO, I post from photobucket, so wasn't even thinking along those lines.

Yeah, same here. I have my own hosting/domain that I pay for, so I just use that for linking photos and whatnot. Didn't even consider the multiple url links until OS mentioned it. :D

Thanks for the help.

I think I am going to have to play with the new format to get it right. I had the different image size locations. I am missing the format to get the image to show up and not a link.

Use the "insert image" icon insertimage.gif on top of the editing window, and paste the link in the dialog it presents.

If you want to fool with getting two windows open (not tabs, but separate incidences of your browser) you can actually drag and drop the images directly into new post.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
add'l info
Use the "insert image" icon insertimage.gif on top of the editing window, and paste the link in the dialog it presents.

If you want to fool with getting two windows open (not tabs, but separate incidences of your browser) you can actually drag and drop the images directly into new post.

- OS

Wow, I missed that little Icon. Thanks. That makes things so much easier.