rifle cases gone from walmart

i went to walmart recently to buy a case for my mosin and noticed that all the cases were gone and was replaced with duck dynasty junk, so i went to a different walmart and samething, looks like that got rid of a bunch of firearm stuff and replaced it with this junk

Unfortunately the master minds at Walmart's corp. headquarters have decided that rifle cases are considered "seasonal" items & many Walmarts now only carry them during hunting season from Nov.-March (give or take a month). They want you to order from their website so they can save money. It's the same with pistol rugs. Many Walmarts only carry them part of the year now because handguns are now listed as a "seasonal" item. All they're doing is driving away business. ...and they wonder why their stock keeps dropping. :doh:

Guest kingarmory

Patronize another business, Walmart is the biggest "fairweather friend" of the gun community.  When people are out buying guns and ammo in droves they stock AR's and other "non-hunting" stuff, when the quasi-bulldyke soccermoms start crying about "gun violence" and using phrases like "for the children", then Walmart turns around and screws us to pander to the anti-2A crowd.  Pay a little more and support your LGS or another establishment that is pro-2A yearround

Patronize another business, Walmart is the biggest "fairweather friend" of the gun community.  When people are out buying guns and ammo in droves they stock AR's and other "non-hunting" stuff, when the quasi-bulldyke soccermoms start crying about "gun violence" and using phrases like "for the children", then Walmart turns around and screws us to pander to the anti-2A crowd.  Pay a little more and support your LGS or another establishment that is pro-2A yearround

only thing is i have to travel pretty for to find a decent shop, theres more to it than that but its more of a personal thing

Academy never gets rid of their rifle cases.

true but like above its pretty far from where i live

only thing is i have to travel pretty for to find a decent shop, theres more to it than that but its more of a personal thing

It says you're in Donelson. There's an Academy in Mt. Juliet. What do you consider far?

Same here. The nearest Academy to me is 150 miles round trip. About 70% of everything I buy comes from online sources. It's cheaper then making the drive.

Unfortunately the master minds at Walmart's corp. headquarters have decided that rifle cases are considered "seasonal" items & many Walmarts now only carry them during hunting season from Nov.-March (give or take a month). They want you to order from their website so they can save money. It's the same with pistol rugs. Many Walmarts only carry them part of the year now because handguns are now listed as a "seasonal" item. All they're doing is driving away business. ...and they wonder why their stock keeps dropping. :doh:

In all honesty I would not miss Walmart if they closed tomorrow. I would go back to K-Mart till they go out of business. Only thing I would hate is all the low paying jobs that people would lose that they really need to feed their families. I try ever way possible to avoid the retail stores but I will say I do use Sam/s Wholesale ware house a lot but only of special items and most of them are for Kasey. I guess I have been in a Walmart store maybe 8 times in the last year. I go there for things like Printer cartridges because I can buy single packs there and all Sam's has is triple packs. Printer paper, and a few other things that Sam's sells in bulk I don't need that much of. Don't buy any groceries there. I go to Krogers, an honest to goodness grocery store. Use to go to Bi-Rites but they are all gone. Oh yea and I go to Save-A-Lot too for certain items like big jars of Sorghum.............jmho

In all honesty I would not miss Walmart if they closed tomorrow. I would go back to K-Mart till they go out of business. Only thing I would hate is all the low paying jobs that people would lose that they really need to feed their families. I try ever way possible to avoid the retail stores but I will say I do use Sam/s Wholesale ware house a lot but only of special items and most of them are for Kasey. I guess I have been in a Walmart store maybe 8 times in the last year. I go there for things like Printer cartridges because I can buy single packs there and all Sam's has is triple packs. Printer paper, and a few other things that Sam's sells in bulk I don't need that much of. Don't buy any groceries there. I go to Krogers, an honest to goodness grocery store. Use to go to Bi-Rites but they are all gone. Oh yea and I go to Save-A-Lot too for certain items like big jars of Sorghum.............jmho

The only thing that Walmart here does that Kmart doesn't do is get the new movies out on Tuesday.

Dammit!  Now I guess that FEMA and Homeland Security are buying up all the gun cases too...

saw them in the HS warehouse in El Paso. Had them stacked high and deep. cases of .22 LR also.

Guest kingarmory

Walmart is not pro gun, don't be fooled, they are pro money, that is all they care about. 

Most concise statement in this thread so far :)

I have heard that Tractor Supply has attended SHOT show and is talking to gun manufacturers about adding a gun bar.

That would be nice. They carry safes and cleaning kits already, and usually have decent prices on most of their stuff - maybe would have competitive prices on firearms.

The same K-Mart that quit selling handgun ammunition because it scared Michael Moore?

Well, I never bought ammo at K-Mart either just like I don't buy groceries at Walmart. If I want ammo I go to a sporting goods store or buy it on line from ammo business like Ammo to Go or AMMOMAN. If they are sold out I wait till they restock and will get my back order filled then..............jmho

Well, I never bought ammo at K-Mart either just like I don't buy groceries at Walmart. If I want ammo I go to a sporting goods store or buy it on line from ammo business like Ammo to Go or AMMOMAN. If they are sold out I wait till they restock and will get my back order filled then..............jmho

Good to know.

The point is that Wal-mart, even with political pressure after Sandy Hook, continued to sell guns and ammunition and did not gouge or really raise their prices. But K-Mart quit selling handgun ammunition to be politically correct, after Michael Moore whined to them with cameras rolling.

If you're following your conscience to choose where you vote with your dollars, sounds like you shouldn't be shopping at either one. Though Wal-mart may not be the gun community's best friend, K-Mart is most assuredly in bed with the enemy.

Edited by JWinTN

I have heard that Tractor Supply has attended SHOT show and is talking to gun manufacturers about adding a gun bar.

One of my frequented haunts might add a gun counter! I just told this to my wife and she said "Oh, Hallelujah!" ... hmmm ... I don't think she was being sincere. : / Edited by Djay3

Academy in Mt Juliet is 11 miles from the center of Donelson... 3 interstate exits away is too far???

Academy in Rivergate is 14 miles away.

Bass Pro Shop is substantially less than 10 miles away (one exit away) and they have rifle cases come outta their rear...

I'd drive much further than that just to avoid Walmart. :shrug:  But hey, it's your money... good luck.

Edited by tartanphantom
  • Like 1

Sadly, I had the same issue when buying coolant for my car. Mazda recommends one with an additive, (cant remember the name), and the only one with a good price was a stupid duck dynasty one. Nothing liked rubbing off that logo with water. But people have been going crazy over that show. Its starting to become a little too much.