chicago reporter whines over firearms fashion show

Ya just have to feel sorry for dumb reporters that will report on things they know nothing about and have to call someone and ask them for help which she didn't really get from the ATF guys because basically they knew what the show was about and they could not give her the answers she was hoping to get. They gave her honest answers that she didn't want and blew her story to hell and back................. :up: .....................jmho

Ya just have to feel sorry for dumb reporters that will report on things they know nothing about and have to call someone and ask them for help which she didn't really get from the ATF guys because basically they knew what the show was about and they could not give her the answers she was hoping to get. They gave her honest answers that she didn't want and blew her story to hell and back................. :up: .....................jmho

Too bad that ATF guy has the same last name as me....... And I bet no one without an italian background will be able to pronounce it right.

If your talking about Casali I would be willing to bet you I can pronounce it because I went to high school in west Chicago till age 16 and had three brothers in school with same name as yours and we hung around together. Most of upper west side of Chicago use to be all  Italian and man could you get some great pizza pies up there. Folks down here that have never been up north and had true Pizza's are not even aware that Pizza's are really baked in pans and are not flat like most places are. They were call "au pizza pies" in true Italian restaurants............. :cheers: :cheers:    If anyone ever gets up to Chicago and lives through it make sure you go to the Home Run Pizza Parlor located on the back side of Wrigley Field. Been in business since 1934 and same family still, just s few generations later I promise you it will be a meal you will remember for years to come.

Edited by bersaguy

If your talking about Casali I would be willing to bet you I can pronounce it because I went to high school in west Chicago till age 16 and had three brothers in school with same name as yours and we hung around together. Most of upper west side of Chicago use to be all  Italian and man could you get some great pizza pies up there. Folks down here that have never been up north and had true Pizza's are not even aware that Pizza's are really baked in pans and are not flat like most places are. They were call "au pizza pies" in true Italian restaurants............. :cheers: :cheers:    If anyone ever gets up to Chicago and lives through it make sure you go to the Home Run Pizza Parlor located on the back side of Wrigley Field. Been in business since 1934 and same family still, just s few generations later I promise you it will be a meal you will remember for years to come.

You be surprised how much I get to witness my last name being butchered and be considered a hispanic because of it. Thats probably the reason I still dont go and get a carry permit. I would be thinning out the herd of all the idiots and bigots. But it would be considered mass murder by the media and would cast another evil shadow on firearms. So I will settle with trying to end them with a single well placed punch. 

• Like 1

You be surprised how much I get to witness my last name being butchered and be considered a hispanic because of it. Thats probably the reason I still dont go and get a carry permit. I would be thinning out the herd of all the idiots and bigots. But it would be considered mass murder by the media and would cast another evil shadow on firearms. So I will settle with trying to end them with a single well placed punch. 

nothing wrong with the old fashion way of settling things. did it a lot back as kids. Thing today is most kids up that way are packing heat and shoot first and then run like hell.  Truth be known we packed heat to back then but never used it. Didn't have to because if folks knew you had one they didn't mess with you much and even then more was settled with fists the bullets and everyone went home alive and just feelings bruised win or lose.

Too bad that ATF guy has the same last name as me....... And I bet no one without an italian background will be able to pronounce it right.

Cass-ollie? Case-alia? Case-a-dia???

Non Italian minds want to know?!
  • Like 1

Cass-ollie? Case-alia? Case-a-dia???

Non Italian minds want to know?!

ka-za-lee..... I will keep my first name a mystery to all but those who I have had the pleasure of dealing with. But thats the easiest way to enunciate it properly.

That's funny. My last name is Alfano, and I can't tell you how many times its been asked if it was Hispanic. I just laugh. One job actually had my supervisor give me a handbook and when I opened it it was all Spanish. I asked my supervisor if he was serious, and he laughed and said I guess they thought you were Spanish. Its been misspelled as alfaro and I've even been called Alfredo. But yeah I know how you feel. And ill leave the pizza subject alone. Lol

I understand butchered last names. Mine is Irish and spelled Timon. If you replace the T with an S everybody can pronounce it perfectly, but put the T there and it is "Tim-min" or "Tim-moan". And I could smack Disney for the Lion King.

Guest kingarmory

No comment section on the Chicago Sun Times story, probably because the author of the screed doesn't want any comment-posters to shoot her inanity out of the water.

If you were the author, would you want to take feedback for that butchery of an article?  That dumb cow put sh*t to paper in a manner generally reserved for the day after a chili cookoff ;)

The way I stutter I wouldn't even try. I'd just call you Sir and go on.