Khyber pass AK

what my kit basically looks like.

* sorry for the crappy cell phone pic, might try better next time.

[url=http://s752.photobucket.com/user/King_Gunshot/media/kit_zps66f91b34.jpg.html][url=http://s752.photobucket.com/user/King_Gunshot/media/IMG_13141_zps9ea30ddc.jpg.html]IMG_13141_zps9ea30ddc.jpg[/URL][/URL]

I already have some parts to make this the most Khyber Pass AK ever.

If you want to know what parts I will be using (you know, in case you have any you don't want) the list will be here:

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184552

Best no one steal my idea...

Edited by that_guy
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what's the story on those kind of kits?

Like, are they full auto that have been "destroyed" enough so can be imported as parts, or from countries that we don't allow import of whole rifles from, or what?

- OS

So what's the story on those kind of kits?

Like, are they full auto that have been "destroyed" enough so can be imported as parts, or from countries that we don't allow import of whole rifles from, or what?

- OS

Yeah, the kits come from former rifles. Of course the receiver has to be torched and non virgin barrels have to be cut up too :(
Don't throw your barrel away. From the looks of it, there's enough to set everything back and make an AK pistol there. It'd require chopping down the whole gas system but it would be a worthy project. The AK files has several to look at.

Good luck with the build.

Don't throw your barrel away. From the looks of it, there's enough to set everything back and make an AK pistol there. It'd require chopping down the whole gas system but it would be a worthy project. The AK files has several to look at.

Good luck with the build.

Thanks for the luck. I will probably need it as there is no part for the barrel to be pressed into the trunnion with... I just put it there to give a general look of the kit. And I will probably end up getting rid of the barrel stubs. Maybe even with the parts on there.

Edited by that_guy

Ok, so imagine an AMD-65 with and underfolder, a romy uf dong handguard, and a Tabuk flash hider. That is going to be the plan for the above kit. For the actual Khyber Pass build, I have purchased a Yugo kit, and that should be coming in shortly. Will post pics whenever it gets here.

Edited by that_guy

I built a Khyber from a Romy G kit. I used a Russian side folder AK74 butt stock and trunion. Lucky for me the barrel was still intact. Shoots great. I haven't refinished it yet.....since most real Kyber Pass rifles look like they were drug down the road behind a truck for a couple of miles I am thinking of leaving it raw....at least for a while.