I have lost my favorite knife  :down:. 

[URL=http://s303.photobucket.com/user/brianstaco/media/2012-04-25_15-53-10_962.jpg.html]2012-04-25_15-53-10_962.jpg[/URL]

I got this knife a couple of years ago and it had went everywhere with me. I think I lost it at the pond I usually fish so I am going to go back out there with a metal detector and see if I can find it. I have lost cheap knifes before but this was the first $100+ knife that I bought and I loved it. It's almost as bad as loosing your woman.  :cry:

Its not over yet, I guess if I can't find it tonight I might jump in on that tomorrow morning.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

While the Benchmades are good knives I would have a Pro Tech over them any day,

I hope you find your knife it sucks losing one Edited by willis68
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I have lost my favorite knife  :down:. 

It's almost as bad as loosing your woman.  :cry:

You can find your long lost knife and it will immediately be a great companion again. As it did before it went astray.

...a woman.  Well.  Not so much.

That has all the makings of a really crappy country song.

Lost my benchmade a couple years ago that I have carried for over 10 years.  Couldn't find it for a couple of weeks.  I went to the gym office where I worked out as a last ditch effort and asked if anyone turned one in.  The manager asked me to describe it.  The disappointed look on his face as I described it confirmed they had it.  I was lucky.

You can find your long lost knife and it will immediately be a great companion again. As it did before it went astray.

...a woman.  Well.  Not so much.

That has all the makings of a really crappy country song.

Read something along these lines somewhere in a John Ringo book:

"my toothbrush, sure, the wife, maybe, the knife, hell no"

I took a nap on the couch one day and later that afternoon I notice that my bench made was gone from my pants pocket I looked under and in the couch but could not find it after a few hours looking where I had been I figured it was gone. A few months later we got a new couch and before getting rid of the old couch I checked it again and not so gingerly after cutting a few pieces of fabric off their it was wedge in between two pieces of wood.

I hope I get that lucky again for it is lost as I type these words

Glad you found your knife!

I periodically lose whatever knife I happen to be carrying.  Sometimes I find them, sometimes I never find them.  That is the reason I will not buy a $100 knife - because if I bought it I'd want to carry it (and why buy it if I wasn't ever going to carry it) and if I carried it I would lose it.  I'm not criticizing anyone else's decisions, just stating my own.  It would annoy me enough to lose the Victorinox Trekker I have in my pocket right now and I paid less than $40 for it at SMKW. 

Edited by JAB
I've lost way too many knives. Sometimes I find them, sometimes after so long I've forgotten I had them in the first place. I'm hoping my spyderco will turn up one of these days.

I've been getting much better about hanging onto them, my current kershaw has been serving my well for about 3 years now and I don't think I've lost it yet. I did find a different kershaw a month or so back that had been missing for over a year. I had to wear "nice" pants to an interview and as soon as I got home I kicked the khakis off and threw them in the closet. Didn't pocket check first so imagine my surprise when I dug out my nice pants for my sisters graduation and found my "fancy" knife.

I'm hoping that I'll be more responsible with my protechs, I don't know if they will be true EDC knives based on their value, monetary and sentimental.