Official TGO Pro Tech Godfather Buy in thread SOLD OUT

Look on the opening post on this thread, that is a standard Tuxedo Godfather the blade will be just like that, the scrimshaw will be on the Ivory Micarta handle stock, is it really that hard to imagine what it will look like?

Your recent post had asked for opinions on the type of button to be used, either mother-of-pearl or ivory. I have never seen any photos of the MOP button or any MOP knife from ProTech on these TGO posts, and all the photos of the knifes both here and on the Pro-Tech website have been small enough that it is hard to imagine what a MOP button would look like, or how MOP would look next to Ivory handles.

I realize you are doing a great service to coordinate this group buy. Please do not take any of my suggestions or comments as being critical.

I did some quick editing of willis68's original photo using the MOP image from the ProTech photos to show what the knife might look like with Ivory handle and MOP button. If this is correct then I would prefer the Ivory button, I think the MOP would clash a bit and look less clean, but I am down with whatever the group decides.

Ivory-MOP.jpg

Ivory-MOP2.jpg

Edited by wileecoyote

Your recent post had asked for opinions on the type of button to be used, either mother-of-pearl or ivory. I have never seen any photos of the MOP button or any MOP knife from ProTech on these TGO posts, and all the photos of the knifes both here and on the Pro-Tech website have been small enough that it is hard to imagine what a MOP button would look like, or how MOP would look next to Ivory handles.I realize you are doing a great service to coordinate this group buy. Please do not take any of my suggestions or comments as being critical.

I apologize if that seemed like I jumped on you,

I posted a picture of The Black lip mother of Pearl button on my TR2 a while back, I will get a better one to give you an idea. Dave himself has told me that he would go with the Ivory Micarta as it will flow better with the Scrimshaw design that we have in mind. Once he does the samples I will post them and get him to put the MOP Black lip button as well as the Ivory Micarta with them,

What I plan on doing then is having a voting post to see which design is preferred, what I can assure all of you about these is just like the LG101 they will be made here in the USA with all American parts and be of the highest quality
  • Like 2

I did some quick editing of willis68's original photo using the MOP image from the ProTech photos to show what the knife might look like with Ivory handle and MOP button. If this is correct then I would prefer the Ivory button, I think the MOP would clash a bit and look less clean, but I am down with whatever the group decides.

Ivory-MOP.jpg

Ivory-MOP2.jpg

Agreed. MOP is a bit flashy, and I don't think it's suited for the ivory-look handles here. But that's jmo. 

Edited by hipower
  • Like 1
I have already taken 1 members payments for this knife, if you want to pay early for this,

PayPal $240.00 to rovmanwillis@yahoo.com

This will go on until September for payments but I have now had several of you asked so I will take them and put you on the list
  • Like 2

So are you guys still on the fence about these or just waiting for pics? I know we have another two months or so but we need to make this happen! If you bought the first one then you wanna be in on these as well. I know I couldn't sleep if I knew someone else out there had my #18.  :rofl:

The TGO LG 101 is a great knife.  I ordered another Pro Tech yesterday.  If there's any problem hitting the min order, I may take an additional one.  I'm looking forward to getting the Godfather.

• 2 weeks later...

How many are in so far? What happens if we send the money soon but you don't get 50 to commit?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

I doubt the minimum will be an issue, in fact I believe we will surpass the LG101 orders on this one, however if it does not happen of course I will refund everyone's money

These knives will be Tuxedo Godfathers. Ivory Micarta, They will have the TGO 3 Bullet Hole scrimshaw Laser Engraved in black and white on the handle, here is what the basic Tuxedo Godfather looks like

61671dedea64daf81d13224866a41924_zpsed86

These will be extremely nice classy knives,

The Price is $240.00 shipped and insured to your door, I will begin taking payments in August and you will have until the 15th of September.....

These knives should be to us before Christmas they will be awesome!

Remember Christmas is only 158 days away.  I'm looking forward to opening packages with this knife under the tree.

• Like 1

Dave from Protec will have me a sample of this knife very soon, so for those of you who want in, feel free to go ahead and pay for your knives otherwise I will start taking payments in two weeks when I get home, and end them Sept 15th so we can get these before Christmas!!!!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am now home and Payments are open for this, as stated we need 50 paid orders to make this work and if for some reason we do not make this minimum order number all money received will be fully refunded, Dave is currently getting some designs ready of what these will look like,

They will be Very nice classy Tuxedo Godfather Knives with Silver satin straight Edge Blades, White Ivory micarta handle material and white Ivory McCarty Push button, the three Bullet hole design will be on the handle in a scrimshaw Less is more design, the serial numbers will be TGO#00 and so on. and will be delivered to you in time for Christmas

The cost shipped to you is $240.00 Pay Pall Net to me as friends or family so there is no fee

My Pay Pal account is rovmanwillis@yahoo.com.   

Payments will official close September 15th, and at this moment we need 42 more to make this happen

Edited by willis68