Official TGO Pro Tech Godfather Buy in thread SOLD OUT

Paying today, but I would like to get an additional knife, I'll just take the next available serial number along with serial number 40 that I already asked for. Will post again when the Paypal payment is finished.

35 more paid orders needed folks!

To be the knife nut I am, switchblades have just never had much of a mystique for me, but I'll watch thread and if gets to be a squeaker as to making the minimum I'll certainly jump in for one. It is a very attractive shiv.

Send me a PM if it gets down to the wire in case I forget, eh?

- OS

To be the knife nut I am, switchblades have just never had much of a mystique for me, but I'll watch thread and if gets to be a squeaker as to making the minimum I'll certainly jump in for one. It is a very attractive shiv.

Send me a PM if it gets down to the wire in case I forget, eh?

- OS

OhShoot,

I will make you a deal, If you get one of the Godfathers and you end up not liking it, I will Buy it back from you of course this is based on only if we have 50 orders, but to be honest If i let the other knife forums in on this we probably would sell 300 or so, 

• Like 1
I am still definitely in but cash is tight, so I prefer to pay close to the 9/15 deadline once we know for sure it is happening. I assume many others are doing the same. How many orders do we have total? I trust everyone on this forum to pay if they confirmed, so wouldn't worry unless we are still far short of the mark in unpaid orders. Edited by wileecoyote
  • Like 2
[quote name="tnhawk" post="1181319" timestamp="1408492016"]The ProTech 951 Tuxedo is listed at $360 on their website. The TGO edition is going to be a great knife at $240.[/quote] No one pays MSRP - just a quick search and you'll find protechs for far less than their sticker price Whats cool to me about these group buys is the customization which we are essentially getting as a free bonus. Will these knives appreicate due to their limited production? I have no clue - i am not a knife collector. If i have the funds on 9/15 i will be buying this!

OhShoot,

I will make you a deal, If you get one of the Godfathers and you end up not liking it, I will Buy it back from you of course this is based on only if we have 50 orders, but to be honest If i let the other knife forums in on this we probably would sell 300 or so, 

Oh, I'm sure I'd like it fine. But hey, now that I've opened my yap in support of my TGO knife brethren, and you piled on the guilt trip ;), just went ahead and sent ya the bux for one (any serial # fine) so if it doesn't come off it ain't my fault! :)

- OS

edit: Oh, and suggest you put payment info into the first post, had to look through half the thread to find it, will make it easier on others.

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 2
[quote name="Oh Shoot" post="1181432" timestamp="1408518281"]Sure didn't work that way on the CMT lowers. - OS[/quote] Wow. That's a shame. I participated in the CMT TGO uppers/lowers purchase and paid for 4 as agreed. I was not aware of any problems with other folks not honoring their confirmed orders. The deal still seemed to work though, and it looks like the LG101 deal went down ok too, so I'm guessing there must not have been too many issues? I would expect everyone to honor their word, since many of us are paying veteran members with higher post counts, and TGO seems to have a better crowd on average. But in any group deal it's inevitable for their to be a few unplanned changes, especially for more expensive items given the volume and higher costs. Hopefully we aren't too short of the mark and this run will go over well too. In my case I just prefer to hold onto my cash until closer to the deadline, both to confirm that the deal is really happening and to avoid the hassle of transferring money around and waiting on a refund if it falls through. I'm definitely in though and excited to see this knife considering how much I like the LG101 that I scored via resale (thanks hipower!) after missing the order deadline. I just wish we could get these much sooner than Christmas, and within a short time after payment. Instant gratification via online shopping has spoiled us all. :-) Edited by wileecoyote

Wow. That's a shame....

Well, yeah it worked out, but best I remember something like 30% or more who posted and said they'd take one didn't. Somebody correct me if I'm off on that.

Pretty sure CMT simply said they'd do it and set a price, but didn't set a minimum buy in. They really didn't know how many folks would order until they opened up the online payment for them.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Wow. That's a shame. I participated in the CMT TGO uppers/lowers purchase and paid for 4 as agreed. I was not aware of any problems with other folks not honoring their confirmed orders. The deal still seemed to work though, and it looks like the LG101 deal went down ok too, so I'm guessing there must not have been too many issues? I would expect everyone to honor their word, since many of us are paying veteran members with higher post counts, and TGO seems to have a better crowd on average. But in any group deal it's inevitable for their to be a few unplanned changes, especially for more expensive items given the volume and higher costs. Hopefully we aren't too short of the mark and this run will go over well too. In my case I just prefer to hold onto my cash until closer to the deadline, both to confirm that the deal is really happening and to avoid the hassle of transferring money around and waiting on a refund if it falls through. I'm definitely in though and excited to see this knife considering how much I like the LG101 that I scored via resale (thanks hipower!) after missing the order deadline. I just wish we could get these much sooner than Christmas, and within a short time after payment. Instant gratification via online shopping has spoiled us all. :-)

These will be done much sooner than Christmas, when I have the money for 50 orders they will start the build, If you want one, get in on this

[quote name="wileecoyote" post="1181630" timestamp="1408574159"]So how many of the 34 have already ordered but not paid yet?[/quote] I would be one... But paying on Friday. Gotta wait till pay day.... Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD