Ever Do This?

A few days ago, I had the possibility of some utility people coming into where I live. I didn't want to draw attention to the guns, and gun parts I had lying around. So, I started hiding them like Easter eggs. Fast forward a few weeks, and I decide to un-hide all of them, just so I could put an eyeball on them. Well, I found all of the complete ones, but have two barrels that I've been looking for about a week now! One is a 28" ribbed Remington 1100 barrel, and the other is a 10" Contender barrel in .22 Hornet, with a scope on it. I'm sure they'll "turn up", but it's bugging me that I can't remember where I hid them! Guess I hid them too well. Just wondering if any of you guys had done that, or if I am the only absent minded TGOer on here?

First time I took apart a 1911 I hid the spring plug for a few hours as it shot up into the air and "disappeared".  I had some hats hanging on top of the wall and it was on top of a hat.  Other than that, nope.

• Like 1

I don't usually hide stuff. I put it in a safe place so when I need it............ I find it after I buy a new one.   :screwy:

Yeah....I've got two of several things for that very reason. I usually find the first one when looking for a place to store the second one.

• Like 4

I actually busted my ex w crap she had stolen from me,which at first i thought was lost, just to piss me off. On the gun side of things,claiming its lost and buying a replacement, justifies keeping the other hidden for extra fun on a later date, like 2 ARs, 2 1911's, 2 scopes etc so yeah

You mean like looking for your glasses that are on you head?  or my favorite ...looking for my keyes that are in my hand   ( hate that )   I put a Remmy 1100 in an umbrella/coat stand, so I could answer the door, it got covered with a coat and "disappeared" for months.......

• Like 1
This post is great! I do it all the time, just bought some more hardware to make some towel heater mounts, once I got home I found the pile I bought 4 months ago. I'm currently looking for some front brake pads for the Polaris. They're over a year old! Only did it once with a shotgun, took a couple of days to find it.

I have got to be the most hiding and not being able to find person in the world. I hate it when I know I have strangers coming to my house and I have to hide things. I have hid things from myself that have been gone for a couple years now and I swear I put them where I would be sure and find them. Now I have finally fixed my problem and I don't lose anything any more. Bought a pocket take recorder a while back because the last land lord put the place up for sale and I knew that meant lots of strangers coming in my house. Everything I hid went on the pocket recorder. After the place sold I was able to go back and retrieve every thing I hid from them and me......................Best invested 39.95 I ever made......................... :up: :up:

Yeah....I've got two of several things for that very reason. I usually find the first one when looking for a place to store the second one.

I moved my wife's Smith 416 from its usual hiding place last fall when we were having some work done inside our home. I thought for the longest time one of the workers found it and walked off with it.

My wife found it this March.

I haven't heard the last of this.
  • Like 1

... Just wondering if any of you guys had done that, or if I am the only absent minded TGOer on here?

I have "lost" whole firearms for better part of a week, and I just live in an apartment!

Course I'm 112 too, so....

- OS

I don't have that exact problem, but I'll be looking for something or cleaning things up a bit and find something I forgot I had.

That's a good thing when it's money, a box of ammo, or a package of AA batteries...not so good when it's a half eaten egg salad sandwich. Yep, found one on a paper plate under my couch once...dang kids!

I seem to lose a lot of left socks more than anything else

Turn them inside out before washing and see if that helps ;)

Somewhere in my basement I have some easter candy that I hid in the insulation about 10 years ago. Also one time I came in, put my motorcycle keys down somewhere and they have never been seen since.

Edited by tnguy

I have "lost" whole firearms for better part of a week, and I just live in an apartment!

Course I'm 112 too, so....

- OS

Apartments are tricky like that. You get lulled into thinking that because the space isn't large, there aren't a lot of places for stuff to hide. WRONG!

At least I'm not the only one capable of losing a gun in about 900 square feet! Even if it is a trait I share with the next Methuselah. ;)
  • Like 1