Hmmm, If your gonna test body armor . . .

bullet reportedly missed the Kevlar vest and hit Blake Wardell, 26, in the chest.

So, normally vests are over the chest.  So what was he protecting with the vest if not his chest?

he was shot in the chest, just above the vest."

hmm.   Guess it didn't fit right.

The bulletproof vest was about 10 years old and the weapon was called a small-caliber gun

I wonder if they checked the expire date?

Also small caliber gun,  ? guessing .17 or .22?

Edited by vontar

BTW, telling all of you, if you ask me to shoot you in your bullet resistant vest, I am going to answer no and suggest counseling.

That is precisely what any intelligent person would do.  Drunk or not.

If I want to test a vest I put it on a post packed full of cloth and shoot the damn thing. That would tell me all I needed to know........... :screwy: :screwy: move on the part of all involved. Small caliber guns are the last ones I want shooting at me like 17 or 22 WMR of even just a 22lr. They have all been know for vest penetration and injury to police officers. I don't know about the newer stuff but the original Kelvar was not a good protection against an Rimfire rounds....................jmho

[quote name="TrickyNicky" post="1149232" timestamp="1400194859"]Yeah, but I haven't ever been THAT drunk. And I've been pretty damn drunk...[/quote] I have been don't remember how I got home drunk(someone else driving), woke up in bed fully clothed drunk and was not that drunk. JTM We the People of the United States, in order to form a more Perfect Union......

A person that asks another person to shoot them to test a bullet proof vest while wearing it has got to have a death wish. I mean most police officers wear them every day and hope and pray they are not shot at. They are good to have but they don't protect all  of your body like a complete body armor suit would and even those have their sweet spots if a round finds its way through it....jmho 

The coroner apparently said there was no evidence of heavy alcohol or drug use at the scene.  Another officer confirmed that it was a handgun used in the shooting.  Authorities said she was charged with involuntary manslaughter because she "showed reckless disregard for the safety of others by pulling the trigger".

He's 26, she's 18...not the smartest way to show off your manliness...

• Like 1
Guest Lowbuster
At 18 she is still thinking like a child doing what so called adults tell her to to fit in. Stupid action? Yes, its unfortunate this happened, but I hope her life is not ruined any more than it already is.