Prepper Expo This Weekend Sevierville

Saw thread somewhere much earlier, but it's happening now.

Wouldn't mind going, but probably won't make the effort to go over there on my own volition.

http://www.mountainprepperexpos.com/

- OS

edit: duh, currently in Events forum:

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/76226-prepping-expo-in-sevierville-may-17th-18th-2014/

Edited by Oh Shoot

When I first posted it, no mentioned of a gun show. Yesterday while on Alcoa Hwy just past the palm reader going South, noticed a billboard advertisement about this show, and now it says a gun show too. 

Too far for me, but I'd  sort of like to see one. I've never been to a Prepper or Doomsday Show.

Last year or the year before they had a "prepper" show at the same time as the Goodman fairground gun show in the building next door. I didn't have time to check it out though. I am not involved in the "prepper" scene so I never know when stuff is going on but I wouldn't mind checking on out next time there is something local.

Guest theconstitutionrocks

I hear enough tinfoil hattery at regular gun shows.

Sir, if I may, (and I'm maintaining civility here)...is the tinfoil comment a broad brush or prepping in general or targeted to those "crazies" (subjective of course) who go way over the top? Just trying to understand your POV

Sir, if I may, (and I'm maintaining civility here)...is the tinfoil comment a broad brush or prepping in general or targeted to those "crazies" (subjective of course) who go way over the top? Just trying to understand your POV

Painting with a broad brush regarding those whose every other word is "Obama" or something to the effect the sky is falling.

I'm glad I went just to get the wheels turning. Firearms, ammo, and reloading supplies were way overpriced. Good information on the medical supplies, but also overpriced. Love the layout of the place. Very spread out and no shoulder to shoulder browsing. 

The wife and I went this afternoon.  One reloading booth must have dropped their prices because I got some primers for under $40/k.  Didn't look at the powder as I don't need it.  We also got a magnesium fire starter tool, some killer jerky and first aid supplies and information.  It was worth the stop if you're in about a 30-mile area. 

The wife and I went this afternoon.  One reloading booth must have dropped their prices because I got some primers for under $40/k.  Didn't look at the powder as I don't need it.  We also got a magnesium fire starter tool, some killer jerky and first aid supplies and information.  It was worth the stop if you're in about a 30-mile area. 

Which flavor jerky did you go with? I loved it. 

WHAT THE HEY!!???

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/05/19/toxic-jerky-treats-linked-to-more-than-1000-dog-deaths/

If jerky's killing dogs, what's it doing to us? :eek:

The wife and I went this afternoon. One reloading booth must have dropped their prices because I got some primers for under $40/k. Didn't look at the powder as I don't need it. We also got a magnesium fire starter tool, some killer jerky and first aid supplies and information. It was worth the stop if you're in about a 30-mile area.

You're the one that said it was "killer" jerky....

:)
  • Like 1
[quote name="Garufa" post="1150054" timestamp="1400454783"]Painting with a broad brush regarding those whose every other word is "Obama" or something to the effect the sky is falling.[/quote] I can agree with this, even being a prepper myself, especially in both of my lines of work. You generally see them categorized with one if not either of these descriptions from; they blame Obama for the weather being cool that day because he is a choice racial expletive(smh) and/or how they're preparing by buying up all the ammo they possibly can. Admirable as that may be, and I say that VERY lightly if at all, people like this will either still end up dead or as raiders IF a shtf event were to occur. I prep for just that, to be prepared but I don't let it consume me and define me but its a topic I can sometimes get excited about because I enjoy the preparations, can't say that I'd enjoy needing to use em though. There are some that I can't say the same about... Sent from the future using a flux capacitor. Edited by whitewolf001

You generally see them categorized with one if not either of these descriptions from; they blame Obama for the weather being cool that day because he is a choice racial expletive(smh) 

Are you saying that most that are prepping, dislikes obama because of his race? I'm not what almost anyone would consider a "prepper" and any prepper would probably consider me a complete failure so i'm not taking offense or anything so that's not my reason for asking.

[quote name="Luke E." post="1150418" timestamp="1400554573"] Are you saying that most that are prepping, dislikes obama because of his race? I'm not what almost anyone would consider a "prepper" and any prepper would probably consider me a complete failure so i'm not taking offense or anything so that's not my reason for asking.[/quote] That was poorly worded I suppose, I am not saying that all preppers are racist by any measure, just that in MY specific travels that most people I come across that blame der fuh.... er, the commander in chief on almost everything are "so called peppers" whom generally don't abide by the three B's of Beans, Bullets, and Bandaids and rather usually just prep bullets as their contingency and then blame the administration for the shortage while shaking their fist in the air. Also not saying that they aren't responsible for the shortage as I have no conclusive evidence lending to either argument, just saying as a generality. Also don't consider yourself a failure, at least you're on the right track cousin. Ten percent of something is better than a hundred percent of nothing. Hope this cleared up any misunderstanding. Sent from the future using a flux capacitor.