Finally... pictures of my first-ever SBR build. It's done!

• Administrator

Tax stamp arrived! :up:

snoopy_happy_dance.jpg

Here is my SBR project, based loosely off of the US Navy MK18 close quarters battle rifle. All furniture is Magpul in Dark Flat Earth.

Specifications

• Spike's lower receiver
  • LMT 10.5" upper receiver assembly
  • LaRue Tactical 7.0" front rail assembly
  • BCM full-auto bolt carrier group (heavier, stronger, perfectly legal)
  • Noveske "Krink" KX3 flash hider
  • Magpul MIAD full grip kit
  • Magpul enlarged aluminum trigger guard
  • Magpul milspec CTR butt stock
  • PRI Gas Buster charging handle with Big Latch
  • YHM end cap with 2-position hook points
  • Milspec 6-position buffer tube
  • H2 buffer weight and Carbine length buffer spring
  • DPMS parts kit
  • DPMS ambidextrous fire control selector
  • KNS anti-rotating hammer and trigger pin group
  • LMT rear iron sight
  • Aimpoint Comp ML3 4MOA reflex red dot optic
  • American Defense Manufacturing ADM-68H optic mount
  • Vickers Tactical / Blue Force Gear VTAC combat application sling
  • Tango Down / American Defense stubby quick-release fore grip
  • Assortment of GI metal mags and Magpul PMAGs
  • Magpul rail covers
  • Partridge in a pear tree

a23e48a3.jpg

344608dc.jpg

d8edfbef.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
Cool! So you're bringing enough ammo for the rest of us to shoot at the next meet, right? :P

WARNING: The lead contained in this bullet has been known to the State of California to cause severe injury and even death... especially when travelling at over 1,400 feet per second.

Surgeon General's Warning: Getting smoked by one of these bullets may be hazardous to your health.

www.farmer-james.com

Moderator - Ammunition and Reloading

Ammo seems to be your department, Mr. Reloader. :up:

• Administrator
I like it. As soon as my money gets right I'm def gonna do a SBR. It looks great. When are you gonna let me shoot it.

As soon as we get into the new year, I'm going to build our other AR but probably just stick with the standard 16" bbl on that one. I can't wait, though. Building them is as much fun as shooting them! :)

If I have it dialed in by the 19th, I won't have any problems letting people put rounds down range with it.

I would be pleased to help you there! :D

See above. :D

That thing is a dream! I don't even want to know what it cost!

BTW - I saw the selector markings, but I assumed it was a semi? Is that just a Spike's thing?

I have a spreadsheet somewhere that kept track of the ongoing cost earlier in the project. I'm afraid to look at it as I stopped updating it somewhere mid-build. My wife reads the forum too much. :D

Yeah the full-auto pictograms are a Spike's thing. It sure would be nice to have that third firing position, but I like my cornhole the way it is right now and don't care much for Club Fed. :meh:

Great looking SBR David. Congrats!

Thanks man! I have to confess, you started this madness when you let me shoot your full-auto SBR at the range that day. :hat:

I like the LMT rear sight that you have. I went to LMT's website and it said the sight was for the AimPoint. Could it also be used with the Eotech?

Yes, it will work with EOTechs. I have them on my AR w/EOTech 552. Works just fine.

I don't see anything on webpage for the LMT rear sight that says it is for Aimpoint. :hat: