TGO'ER

Well had a meet and greet with joe45 today and had coffee and then we went up to NRANGE for a look around. Went to basement and looked over the range. Pretty nice set up. Divided into two sections. joe45 found a few things he needed to buy so guess all in all pretty good day. Enjoyed meeting him. Great guy for sure. If you ever get a chance have some coffee with him and you won't be disappointed............ :up:

Would be nice to have a TGO get together on a week night for coffee gun talk etc. used to do that with a bunch of hams in Antioch at Shoneys a few years back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

If we were all in the same place on a free night.

Is there a place that would let us met there is the question. I mean a place that does not have Gun Buster sign on the front door? I'm up for a meet if it is in the Nashville area Preferably east side Hermitage, Donelson, Mt Juliet, Goodlettsville etc etc.

Is there a place that would let us met there is the question. I mean a place that does not have Gun Buster sign on the front door? I'm up for a meet if it is in the Nashville area Preferably east side Hermitage, Donelson, Mt Juliet, Goodlettsville etc etc.

There's the Golden Corral on Old Hickory Blvd & I-40 in Hermitage. The TFA holds their meetings there, so it's a known gun-friendly place.

I'm skinny though; buffets don't work in my favor. :bored:

If you want to go larger-scale... Since the warmer months are upon us, we could find a private (or private-ish) outdoor range, a grill, and some meat.  :cool:   A few years ago, we had a TGO BBQ picnic / shoot at Charlie Haffner's place (the private range up top) one weekend. It had a pretty good turn-out. Maybe there's enough demand to do something like that once a month during the summer.

Back in 2011 I organized a gun owner picnic in the Lebanon area. Advertised only on TGO and GOC. Rented an air conditioned hall with a big parking lot, gazebo, pavilion, and small park. Got numerous local gun dealers to sponsor it and donate door prizes. Everyone pitched in to bring food and drinks, we cooked on my big green egg grill, had enough to feed a small army with many taking home leftovers. Even had a dealer setup a gun display to do sales on site, and lots of folks brought their own guns or gear for sale or swapping. We had over 300 sign up, about 150 confirmed, and about 75 actually showed up. Was a lot of fun, I'd like to see us do it again even bigger if possible. Location would be key to getting lots of folks. I'd be glad to help organize if folks are serious.