Thieves targeting vehicles with gun related decals

I've got an NRA license plate and a small graphic nobama magnet, but both are pretty subtle compared to the usual blatant tacky bumper stickers, so most people never notice either. I've also got a very unique high security system on my vehicle with active defenses. Anyone foolish enough to attempt entry will be in for the surprise of their life.
Guest Cazador
They are hitting cars with or without stickers because they are parked in a business's lot that is anti gun. Like the guy in the article, don't do business there and it's not a problem. I lived in San Diego for several years and learned a lesson about my cars. They are not safes. Don't leave anything in it that you value. Don't lock the doors because they will only damage the locks or break the glass getting in. If a thief wants something in your car or the car itself he will get it. Agreed they are not the sharpest pencil in the box but they usually have the skills to make a living without having a job.

I have NRA stickers on my Jeep and a sticker on back glass that says "Gun Control means using both hands" and I never lock my Jeep doors ad most times windows are down at east half way so Mutt can get fresh air. I also don't  do business at any gun free locations so never in a parking lot of one. Also I never leave a firearm in my car. If there is a gun in my car it gets in when I do and gets out when I do. I realize that a lot of folks are forced in some way to do business with businesses or go to places that are gun free but I am not one of them............ :up: :up:

• Like 1

I put a no guns allowed decal from Wally World on my car. Came out one morning and saw the rock and broken glass. Moral is no decals at all. No stick people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

Must be a rash of that going around, I had a family of stick people on the back window and this morning my car was littered with fast food wrappers

They are hitting cars with or without stickers because they are parked in a business's lot that is anti gun. Like the guy in the article, don't do business there and it's not a problem. I lived in San Diego for several years and learned a lesson about my cars. They are not safes. Don't leave anything in it that you value. Don't lock the doors because they will only damage the locks or break the glass getting in. If a thief wants something in your car or the car itself he will get it. Agreed they are not the sharpest pencil in the box but they usually have the skills to make a living without having a job.

Wow srsly?

Must be a rash of that going around, I had a family of stick people on the back window and this morning my car was littered with fast food wrappers

Plus it sucks when someone steals the cat and dog and leaves the wife stuck on the glass....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.
I don't blame anyone for not wanting to be a target. However, I have several stickers on the back glass of my vehicle. Some of my stickers are zombie related, some are USMC stickers to honor my son, who's in the Marines, but most are gun related stickers. I enjoy them, they make me happy and they are indicative of who I am. I refuse to hide my personality or beliefs out of fear of ANY kind of retaliation.
  • Like 4

Yep, this is the main reason I don't have any gun related decals on my truck. I don't hardly ever have a gun in the car (except on the rare occasion I go somewhere restricted), but still don't won't someone breaking in my truck looking for one.

I have considered giving up my personalized license tag for this very reason. Just hate to lose it after 20 years. Only plate number I could ever remember. It now reads              " GUN NUT".

Only sticker I have on my cars is a dragon sticker :)

dragon%20sticker%20sm.gif

I'd never put anything confrontational or political on my vehicles because people are assholes and it's a valuable (chortle) piece of property that is frequently left unattended.

Edited by tnguy

I have considered giving up my personalized license tag for this very reason. Just hate to lose it after 20 years. Only plate number I could ever remember. It now reads              " GUN NUT".

Get the NRA license plate instead. It conveys a similar message for those in the know but is more subtle and often mistaken for a government or military plate by folks that can't read the smaller print. In fact I was recently pulled over by the local LEO and the guy asked me what I was doing, I admitted passing in a no-passing zone (doing 60 in 35 to get it over with quickly), and then when he inquired about my plate he just smiled and let me go with "have a good day sir". Plus the money from the NRA plate goes to a good cause, instead of the state getting it all.
Guest Lowbuster
I had a man of spanish decent in my toolbox the other day as I left the big blue box store. After a few days I noticed what was missing when my wife says "did you pick up toilet paper?" He stole a 24 pack of Charmin.
My daughter said when you have a lot of people under one roof eating tacos all day, it must be a hot commodity.