what kinda dog you got

th_SittinPretty-1.jpgth_Barkley.jpgth_20130810_011729_zpse6266f86.jpg

Here's 3 of my favorite people in the whole world.

That's Lucy, my American Bulldog on the left, Barkley, my Olde English Bulldog in the middle, and Layla on the right (we aren't sure what she is, but looks like some Pit in there somewhere).

We have to keep the girls in separate rooms divided by a tall childproof gate, because they don't like each other.

• Authorized Vendor

I have a border collie....her name is Maggie. Smartest damn dog in the world as far as I'm concerned. We have taught her most anything you can teach a dog and she picked it up lickity split. :pleased:  As you can see she has that motherly instinct.

d33109ae8814df0db22d378631fa18e8.jpg

• Like 3

This is "Pup Pup Golf". My fiance says she is a Chiweinnie...? She is a year and a half and wr have had her since a pup. People always ask about the name. When she was a pup my youngest step daughter (2 at the time) and I were out in the pickup with the pup to go get some firewood. At the time she didn't have a name yet so I just called her "Pups". We just happened to pass an old put put golf and go cart track in Columbia and she asked what it used to be. I told her. About 30 mins later she asked: you know a good name for pups? Pup Pup Golf. Instead of put put. I had a good laugh and I said it sounded good to me. It is on her name tag. namuhu5y.jpg This is my 5 year old male lab "Colt" that went missing April 4th this year. I have put it on several sights and have friends watching at all the pounds. I hold little hope now but am waiting a few months. y6yqyre6.jpg

We have two dogs, a pitbull named Lilly and our Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog named Gus. Lilly is the best dog in the world, loves to snuggle and she definitely is a girl. Gus on the other hand is a rough and tumble boy that is always trying to show us who is boss. She is 6+ years old and weighs in at 50-55 pounds while he is 6 months and weighs in a 65+ pounds at the moment. He is expected to get to at least 90 pounds. We recently lost our Boxer Ernie and needed another "large" dog to replace him because we live in a remote area. So far we have been working with him and I think he will make a great protector of his mother, my wife.

Here is Lilly sleeping on my lap:

1383268_10201207053793267_1562833626_n.j

And here she is in trouble for not listening to her daddy:

555883_10201159370801222_1271908952_n.jp

Took what seemed like forever to get rid of the smell but after several baths consisting of Dawn, hydrogen peroxide and baking soda she was again huggable.

And here are some photos of our Alapaha bulldog Gus. This one is when he either just woke up or on the way to sleep.

10406725_10202617163525129_8046955216255

His color is a chocolate merle color. This picture of him at the vet is a good picture of what his coat looks like. He also has marble eys which are blue and golden. His eyes can stare right through your soul.

10361526_10202576382505629_3844640305616

10314586_10202519709288834_4163957852057

Here is Gus having his manhood questioned:

10273409_10202433781660697_2180950636548

And here is a picture of Gus when we got him. I could not imagine a dog being more cute than he was.

1555418_10201892013196824_1867396045_n.j

And here is a picture of the two of them laying together:

10252007_10202574981150596_8686544607589

• Like 2

And here she is in trouble for not listening to her daddy:

555883_10201159370801222_1271908952_n.jp

Took what seemed like forever to get rid of the smell but after several baths consisting of Dawn, hydrogen peroxide and baking soda she was again huggable.

That's priceless. 

• Like 1

Dolomite, Gus might be the best looking dog I ever saw (besides my own that is...what parent wouldn't say that?).

Thanks. After Ernie died we were going to need another large dog. At first we were set on another American Bulldog except a Johnson type rather than the Scot type we had before. Then we looked really hard at a Daniff (Mastiff and Great Dane mix). Then during our search we came across an Alapaha named Axel. He was a beautiful blue merle with blue eyes. We contacted the owner to find out who the breeder was. Then we contacted the breeder and the wait began because a puppy would not be available for at least 4 more months. During our wait my wife became a member of several Alapaha groups on FB and one day Gus became available. A deal was struck within the hour and a week later my wife drove 5 hours one way to pick him up. And up to this point I would not change a thing.

He can be the sweetest dog in the world and at other times I think he is Satan's best friend but we love Gus.

• Like 2

Man, nice looks pups. I was expecting more coon dogs (just kidding fellas), I have a 5 yr old GSD named Max.

[url=http://s26.photobucket.com/user/jgonell/media/max2.jpg.html]max2.jpg[/URL]

I got him when he was 2,  from a friend that was having issues with the neighbor. Brought him over as a trial, he won me over the first night when we brought him inside. he's black and tan with some red mixed in.  

Very protective of his family, to include separating his brothers when wrestling.. he's a trooper,, just sad he had to get snipped.. hey Dats, if you are ever around Murfreesboro and want to let you boy run around with another GSD, let me know.. I think they would get along as long as your doesn't have a bad ball drive or touch my boy's toys, I think we'll be safe.. 

Edited by Joseg

Are you giving him coffee?  looks at those eyes..  :rofl:

The skeptical puppy in my profile pic is Chopper, my Rat Terrier/Jack Russell mix. He is the coolest dog ever. 

14214285406_9b17e9c7b2_n.jpg

• Like 1

My English Bulldog fresh from a doggie Spa day.

[URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/verne3/media/The%20Dog/IMG_7748_zps692bb24e.jpg.html]IMG_7748_zps692bb24e.jpg[/URL]

[URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/verne3/media/The%20Dog/IMG_7751_zps5cccff5b.jpg.html]IMG_7751_zps5cccff5b.jpg[/URL]

[URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/verne3/media/The%20Dog/IMG_7755_zps63e65a6c.jpg.html]IMG_7755_zps63e65a6c.jpg[/URL]

[URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/verne3/media/The%20Dog/IMG_7749_zps63cfe00d.jpg.html]IMG_7749_zps63cfe00d.jpg[/URL]

• Like 1

3uhevu7a.jpg

This is Wrangler, my eight year old American Staffordshire. The BEST dog Ive ever had. I went all the way down to St. Augustine, Fl to get him. Great guard dog, but as long as your welcome in the house, he will lick you to death and beg for attention! He gives me a lot of peace of mind when I have to leave my family here at the house when I go on my business trips!

Edited by reed1285
  • Like 2

I have 4 a mini daschund 7 year old, 11 yr old boston terrier, and two pits, the two pits are the most loyal dogs I have ever owned. yse9ejys.jpgpy6e5yze.jpgy3abade6.jpga2uhazah.jpg JTM We the People of the United States, in order to form a more Perfect Union......

I have 4 a mini daschund 7 year old, 11 yr old boston terrier, and two pits, the two pits are the most loyal dogs I have ever owned. yse9ejys.jpgpy6e5yze.jpgy3abade6.jpga2uhazah.jpg JTM We the People of the United States, in order to form a more Perfect Union......

Dont give the mini a beer. Steer him toward whiskey.