Never expected these guys to get it right...

I've always liked Penn & Teller as entertainers, but I rarely agree with them on political commentary. Who knew they'd get the Second Amendment debate right? [media]http://youtu.be/xKMgxuHBasI[/media]
  • Like 2
I've found that I agree with them much more often than not. From gun control to organic food, the war on drugs all the way to recycling. Second hand smoke was a good episode too...

Don't even bother with their religious stuff if you hold your faith near and dear, it will only upset you.
  • Like 2

I've found that I agree with them much more often than not. From gun control to organic food, the war on drugs all the way to recycling. Second hand smoke was a good episode too...

Don't even bother with their religious stuff if you hold your faith near and dear, it will only upset you.

I looked at a few more episodes. I guess I agree with them more than I thought I did. Their views on religion probably flavored my ill opinion of them more than anything else.

I looked at a few more episodes. I guess I agree with them more than I thought I did. Their views on religion probably flavored my ill opinion of them more than anything else.

I can understand that. I'm not exactly religious but I didn't like it either, even if I agree with some of it, I don't discount the good religious do just because of the bad.

That was pretty much my opinion until last year when I was informed that the few shows I'd watched weren't a full view of their political leanings.

I did have to retract a few comments I had made of them in the past.

Penn and Teller can be quite abrasive and demeaning about some subjects, and I won't go lockstep with them, but have to admit I do like and agree with some of their positions.
They are both libertarians. They are also strong athiests from what I have heard from them and read...but I don't think they are against religious freedom at all. Not much they say surprises me. Sent from somewhere in the cosmos using magic...and bacon.
Live and let live; freedom for you, freedom from you. Pretty simple concepts and realistic to boot. These dudes get it. I've seen every episode of BS. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Penn's pennpoint episodes on youtube are a good look into how he thinks. I have much respect for the man even though he's an atheist. I can understand where he is coming from, but the heart of the matter is even though he disagrees with you on religion, he will fight tooth and claw for your right to worship however you want, even if he thinks it is silly.

• 2 weeks later...