selling

whats the veredic for making posting for a friend? I will be using all his contact info, but somehow, that seems like I am violating one of the rules. Can someone please clarify for me?

whats the veredic for making posting for a friend? I will be using all his contact info, but somehow, that seems like I am violating one of the rules. Can someone please clarify for me?

Answer is in Trading Post FAQ. (and it's "no").

- OS

Answer is in Trading Post FAQ. (and it's "no").

- OS

Thats what I thought. New phone and annoying ass tapatalk. Thanks for the swift response.

"4. You understand that you may only list items that you own.  You may not offer up items on behalf of a friend or other third-party."

I swear, tapatalk and this phone are going to ruin me. 

Edited by RC3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Friend should become a member and list his item himself. This is fair, and will also go a long way toward you two staying friends.

two words describe his internet use. LAZY BASTARD. And he prefers armslist. 

two words describe his internet use. LAZY BASTARD. And he prefers armslist.

Nothing really wrong with Armslist. I've been know to look there myself.

The only drawback I see is that you don't have the capability of possibly knowing, at least by reputation and postings here, the person listing.
  • Like 2

Nothing really wrong with Armslist. I've been know to look there myself.

The only drawback I see is that you don't have the capability of possibly knowing, at least by reputation and postings here, the person listing.

Which is why I like TGO a WHOLE lot more and gladly payed for the membership.

• Like 1

Which is why I like TGO a WHOLE lot more and gladly payed for the membership.

I believe a whole lot of us feel the same way. Plus it helps maintain the site, which is so graciously provided for us.

That's the case for most of us, I'm sure.
  • Like 1
That's pretty much it. I seldom look for anything particular, though am at the moment. I usually wait for something to pop up that strikes my fancy, or as happened with my VTAC, someone remembered me posting about wanting one and reached out when he sold his. I've had a few members do that, coincidently all benefactors. I think that alone says something about the benefits of TGO membership.
Vouch for your friend when he lists stuff.

The reason why we insist on you owning the item and having it in your possession is it prevents problems that have arose in the past.

You list the item then someone says they will take it but when you go to get the item the owner has already sold it or decides to keep it. Now you are the one loosing reputation. It is also cheating a system that works very well to keep scammers at bay.
  • Like 2