Place to get good gun belts

I bought one of these belts; http://shop.simplyrugged.com/ecommerce/Real-Man-s-Belt-single-layer-of-leather.cfm?item_id=171&parent=670; Simply Rugged a few years ago. I got the 1.75" in the oxblood color to match a Silver Dollar Pancake holster I was buying for my SP101.

I like it a lot and it has become my everyday belt for the last 3 years. Excellent quality.

+1 on a good belt being essential for comfortable carry of a handgun.

Edited by McGarrett
  • Like 1
For "dressy" I bought a black leather Goodrich and Gould at Greene's. sub 50. My first belt was the 5.11 Casual - maroon leather made in China. This belt has been in service got 5+ years and construction wise still in great shape. Down side is how poorly the finish has held up in the area where the holster clip rides on the belt. I guess I could hit it with some shoe polish...
  • Like 1

Hmm... I'm actually in the process of making my own from some leather purchased on sale at tandy, but I may have to look into the beltman belts based on the feedback here.

• Administrator

I have three beltman belts. They are great. I have a brown one and a black one I keep nice, and a brown one that I've worn everyday for seven years. The beltman is good to go.

Beltman gets my vote every time.  I've got several that are more than 10 years old now.  I need to order a couple more just to keep on hand in case he ever decides to stop making them.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ares Gear. I have a ranger belt and a Aegis belt. Best belts I have had.

I love my ranger belt. I have lost weight and mine is almost too big for me. So I will be ordering a new one. Mine is 3 years old and looks brand new. Wear it just about every day when I am not at work. 

• Like 2

I love my ranger belt. I have lost weight and mine is almost too big for me. So I will be ordering a new one. Mine is 3 years old and looks brand new. Wear it just about every day when I am not at work.

Go for the Aegis this time. It's definitely worth it. I like it even better.